4: Okay Then

Josh's P.O.V.

Well that was great, I thought. I leaned against my wall before slipping on my brown shirt for the restaurant I worked at. I changed from my sleeping pants into my beige khakis. I grabbed my phone from my nightstand beside my queen-sized bed I used to share with Debby before we split.

Awesome, now I think I'm not straight. I remarked in my head. There was no way that I was gay, yet I felt something different with Tyler. I liked the way he called me 'Joshua' rather than 'Josh'. It was pretty cute, considering how red his cheeks were when he spoke to me.

Okay, I seriously thought I was gay. I never felt that way with a guy before, and it was the same feeling I had when I met Debby for the first time. But we all know how that ended. I decided to put it behind me, at least for today. I headed out the old doorway that squeaked at the hinges and out the front door. I hopped in my white Chevrolet pick-up truck and sped off hastily to work.

When I arrived at the restaurant with bland brown walls, I entered through the glass door in the back and immediately heard voices of many people seated in the dining area. I rushed to my station in the kitchen, awaiting someone to arrive in my section.

Finally, after 15 minutes of standing by the counter, a lonely-looking boy slid into a leather-seated booth with his hood pulled over his head. I walked over to him with a wide smile on my face.

¨Hello, I'm Josh, and I will be your server today. May I take your order?¨ I said, as I was instructed when I got the job a couple months ago. I had my notepad and pen in hand.

The boy froze for a moment and pulled his hood from his head. His scruffy brown hair was unforgettable. He looked up at me with one eyebrow raised slightly. ¨Josh? As in Joshua that I met earlier? It's Tyler.¨

I sighed inside my head. Okay, this is just perfect. He's here, and now he saw me at work. How could this get any more awkward? I shook my head slightly to get rid of the thought, and proceeded to nod slowly in agreement.

¨Yeah, what a funny coincidence that you would be seated in my section. Anyways, can I get you anything to drink?" I kept my phoney smile on my face as he ordered a medium Coke and a glass of water.

I walked back into the kitchen and poured a pitcher of water into a glass and took a medium-sized glass from the cupboard and filled it with Coke. I took it out to him on a tray. I set both glasses down softly and looked at him. "So, why are you here by yourself?"

He shrugged and turned his head to look up at me. "I don't know, just couldn't find anyone to go with."

I nodded at his response. "Fair enough. Maybe sometime I could take you somewhere so you wouldn't be alone." I could feel my cheeks become hotter and hotter with every word that came from my lips.

He raised his brow and scrunched his nose. I thought it was cute when he did that. I had always liked people with brown hair for some reason. I enjoyed the contrast to their skin. I liked the way it looked when it was messy, just out of bed. I liked him. He had brown hair.

"Did you just ask me out?"

"Maybe I did, I honestly have no idea what's happening right now."

"Well, if you were asking me out, I would have said yes, but since you don't know, then I'll just wait on that." I saw him wink and a playful chuckle came from his throat.

"Okay, I guess I did ask you out. It's a date then. I'll pick you up at 7 tomorrow. We're going to the movies. Be ready at your apartment."

"Ooh, demanding, I like it." He laughed softly and his eyes were soft and kind.

Tyler's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe that just happened. Joshua from my apartment building just asked me out, and even better, I said yes! I was excited beyond my limits, but tried to hide it through jokes and laughing. I guess I did like this guy. A lot. Enough that I was going to the movies with him tomorrow.

I took a sip of my Coke through a straw and Joshua smiled before breaking the silence.

"So, what would you like to eat?"

I looked at the menu for a moment before finally deciding on a dish. "Can I have the fish and chips please and bring vinegar? Thanks."

He nodded happily and walked back to the kitchen with a spring in his step. He seemed happy. Very happy, actually. I was glad I said yes to him, and apparently he was too. And that made me happy.

After I finished my meal and had already unlocked my car, Joshua caught up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. His brown eyes met with mine of the same colour and we just stared for a moment, before he finally opened his mouth and words fell out.

"Okay, Tyler, you're the first guy I ever felt anything with, and I'm glad it's you and not some douchebag. You're cute and sweet, and even better, you have brown hair. I have always had this certain attraction to people with brown hair. I like you a lot, Tyler. I hope you know that. Now, my shift's over, so why don't I crash at your apartment and we watch Netflix?"

I beamed at his words and excitedly nodded. "Yeah, that would be great. I'll get a movie ready. See you later!" I waved goodbye, and with that, got in my black crossover and drove off, as did Joshua with his white Chevy truck. I couldn't wait for his arrival to my apartment.

___________________________
Wow, I'm so glad you guys like this! Sorry it was so late, I was v busy with dance and school and it's just ugh. And thanks _i_s_r_a_e_l_ for being the first to comment and a great friend!
~ukuleletyler <3