13: They're Nice

Tyler's P.O.V.

I really enjoyed hanging out with Joshua's sisters. They were sweet, funny, and best of all, they were very easy to talk to. That was the main thing I looked for in friends. Or, whatever Josh was to me. I would expect he called himself my partner or boyfriend, but I still wasn't sure. At least, that was what I referred to him as. That was my title for him. That was what he was to me.

"So sorry, but we'd better go. We're meeting some friends that live here for dinner. We'll leave you two to do whatever you guys do." Ashley giggled and walked out the door with Abigail. Both Josh and I shrugged and sat on the sofa. I hated that damned apartment building. It was most possibly the worst place I have ever lived. And that's coming from someone who lived in a trailer park on multiple occasions.

"Alright. Just don't stay out all night. I expect you back here for ten thirty." Josh instructed. He was very authoritative, I noticed. I never saw him like that before. I couldn't say that it didn't impress me at all. He would be a great father, I thought. But why would I be thinking about that? He was just my boyfriend, and I loved him. I couldn't be thinking of kids right now.

After Abigail and Ashley walked out the door, I turned to Josh and smiled. "I like them. They're nice. They should come over more often."

He rolled his eyes. He obviously didn't think the same of his sisters. I could understand that. My brother, Zack, was probably the loudest kid I've ever known. But it was all good in the end. At least, I thought it was. I wasn't sure how he felt about our brotherly relationship. Hopefully he had the same ideas about it that I did. Whatever. That would be a conversation to have with him another time.

"Ty, would you mind going out for dinner with me tonight? Just us. To whatever restaurant you want to go to." Josh asked. I nodded almost immediately and smiled brightly.

"Yes! Oh, yes please. I would love that. Sounds perfect." I answered, seeming too eager. I mean, it was just a dinner. What about it? Maybe it was because I just wanted some talking time with Josh without a movie blocking the words from coming from our mouths. Yeah, it was definitely that. I just wanted to talk to him over some food and maybe drinks. That sounded like my idea of a perfect night.

Next thing that I knew, Josh was dragging me out to his car. Wow, he was really ready for that. That wasn't what I expected when he said we would go out for dinner together. He was really eager. Don't get me wrong, I was perfectly fine with that. I was just that I wasn't prepared for him to pull me outside that quickly. It didn't matter that much.

Once we arrived at this fancy restaurant, we were seated in a very comfortable booth right by the bar. Lucky for me, I was looking forward to getting something to drink. I ordered a glass of beer to start off with, and a chicken quesadilla for my meal. It sounded good, so I thought, why not give it a try?

Our entrees arrived about half an hour later and once he saw the waiter walking towards us, Josh's entire face lit up like a flashlight. It was cute when he got so happy over something as simple as food, but I wasn't blaming him. I liked food, too. Then again, didn't everyone? Didn't everyone get excited over something so small but they thought that it was so great. Food was that thing for me. And apparently Josh.

Our food was placed on the table in front of us, and just as we grabbed our forks and knives, a familiar voice cut us off. We both tore our eyes from the plate towards the source. It was Josh's ex, Debby. Perfect.

"Josh! How are you doing with...him?" She glared at me, disgusted.

"I'm fine." Josh spat. He furrowed his eyebrows at her angrily. "How are you with whoever you have now?"

"I'm actually single at the moment. I'd prefer to be alone for a while before moving on so quickly." She sneered. "But since you asked, I'm doing great."

"What a shame." He said with a snarky tone.

Debby rolled her eyes and turned around towards the other side of the restaurant and sat down at a booth there.

Josh looked back to me and smiled. "Sorry about her. She's a bitch. I don't know why I ever dated her." He sighed dramatically and shook her head.

"It's fine. I know some people like that." I replied and took a bite of my quesadilla.

"Everyone knows someone who just can't get over a grudge, huh?"

I nodded and looked into his eyes. "I guess so."

We continued to eat in silence after the encounter with the ex and I wanted to say something to him a few times, but I decided against when I saw he was still looking intently at his food. We were just sitting in silence, no music coming from the speakers. I hated it. I liked listening to music.

---

That wasn't a very good chapter at all. Sorry about that. But I hope you liked it! Vote, comment, and share! Thanks!
-wakeupcrybaby
(Sorry I keep changing my user. I get tired of some of them so quickly.)