Lost || Yukine

(A/N Sorry if it is bad, I have never done this type of writing before XD)

(Yukine is from Noragami)

It was just a typical Saturday, helping Dad out by working the shop. You were standing at the register, ringing up an elderly couple. Just as they were paying you heard the door open and the bell attached to the knob jingle. You bid the couple farewell as you watched a small, hunched up figure make its way through the store.

After watching them walk through the aisles, looking left and right, eyeing the shelved items, you decided to formally greet them. You walked out from behind the counter, walking towards them.

"Hi, can I help you find anything?" You asked them, they didn't turn around.

"Uhm, excuse me?" You tried again, this time poking them on the shoulder. That time they spun around, hat falling off and from there you could see that they were a small boy, but approximately your age.

He took a step back, lifting his hands up and showing you his palms, as if he were surrendering.

"Sorry if I scared you, I just wanted to see if you needed help finding anything!" You told him, seeing him loosen up and look at the ground, uncertain of himself. Then you hear him mumble something incoherently.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" You asked him.

" . . . You can see me?" He said shyly, not looking you in the eye.

"Well you're not exactly invisible." You replied to him, but he stayed silent, eyes focused on the floor.

"I'm (Y/N), what's your name?" You said, referring to the name tag that was attached to your shirt.

"Yukine," He replied, looking you in the eyes. He had big amber eyes and tousled blond hair. He was rather cute, in a boyish way.

"Nice to meet you Yukine!" You exclaimed, extended your hand to him.

"Nice to meet you too . . . (Y/N)," He said, accepting your hand and shaking it slightly.

You felt your face heat up, having a cute boy's hand in yours and he said your name as well.

You dropped his hand quickly, trying to hide your flushed face.

"W-Well if you need anything I will be right over here!" You exclaim, speeding back over to the desk. When you got back, you looked over to where he was and sure enough he was looking at you, his face equally as red.

You went back to the book you were reading and Yukine kept making rounds around the shop, looking outside every few moments.

"You ought to have the whole place memorized by now," You call out to him.

"Yeah," he answers quietly, turning his head to the window yet again.

"Are you looking for someone?" You ask him, getting off from your stool and making your way towards him.

"My . . . friends," He said quietly.

"Oh, well do your parents know you're here? Maybe they can pick you up." You offer to him.

"I don't have any parents," He sighed, going through a rack of shirts for the fourth time in the hour.

"Oh, I'm sorry for asking, you are welcome to stay until your friends find you," You offer to him.

"That would be nice," He said, smiling at you.

"Then come on, you can hang out with me over there!" You tell him, signaling towards the desk up front.

"Okay," Yukine answered, letting you take his hand and practically drag him to the counter.

You dragged up a stool for him and he sat down. Then for the next three hours you two talked about his friends, a guy named Yato, he was jerk with dark purple hair and lively blue eyes, and about a brown haired girl named Hiyori. Eventually you got him to laugh over a few bad jokes and stories about your friends.

Then at approximately closing time, a purple haired boy and brown haired girl rushed through the entrance.

"Yukine!" They exclaimed, running up to the counter to your new friend.

"I'm guessing you're Yato and Hiyori, I'm (Y/N)," You greeted them. They greeted you back politely, but then Yato started to scold Yukine for running off again and they started to argue. Then Hiyori broke it up and knocked some sense into them.

"Thanks for keeping him!" She thanked you as she dragged them out the door by the sleeve.

'Wait!" Yukine said, breaking out of Hiyori's grasp and running back to you.

"What do you need Yuki-" You were cut off my him pressing his lips against yours for a quick second.

"Bye (Y/N)!" He yelled as he ran out the door, followed by Hiyori and Yato.

After the door shut you leaned back against the wall, replaying the day over and over in your head until the time came to lock up for the night.