Shy || Kenma Kozume

(Kenma is from Haikyuu!!)

You and Kenma have been good friends since childhood. You did see him a lot since the two of you were neighbors. But even after the ten years of friendship you two shared he was still very shy and didn't open up to you very often. But you were determined to get him out of his comfort zone and see just how much fun he can have by just not giving a damn.

"Good morning Pudding Head!" You call, running out your front door to greet him.

"Morning (Y/N)," He said, kicking at the pebbles that lye at his feet.

"Shall we get going?" You ask him. He just nodded and turned to start walking towards the school. You quickly caught up to him and took his hand, lacing your fingers with his. You looked at Kenma and saw his face full of shock and then he blushed.

"Is something wrong Kenma?" You ask him innocently.

"N-No!" He stuttered, looking away.

"You're really cute y'know . . . when you get shy like that. Imagine how much cuter you would be if you weren't afraid to have a little bit of fun sometime." You tell him, moving your hand so that both of your arms were swinging as you walked.

"What makes you say that," He said quietly.

"You are too closed up. Eventually it will get to you. I just want to see you being free." You tell him.

"Being free? What's that supposed to mean," Kenma asked.

"Having fun, letting lose, forget your worries and just don't care what people think of you!" You explain to him.

"I can't do that." He says, removing his hand from yours.

"Why not," You press.

"I just can't cant okay, and if you don't mind I would like to walk the rest myself," He said, walking away from you as you stopped in your tracks.

"Yeah . . . I don't mind." You said to yourself quietly, watching his back as he walked away.

~AFTER SCHOOL~

You had tried to forget about the incident with Kenma this morning. But you couldn't stop think about it. It was really getting to you.

You knew Kenma had volleyball practice but you couldn't help but try to get a word in with him.

"Hey (Y/N)!" You spun around, looking to see you called for you.

"Kuroo!" You ran over to him.

"Kenma told me about your little mishap this morning." Kuroo said.

"Why does he tell you stuff but not me?!" You say, starting to get angry now.

"(Y/N), you know how Kenma is," He says setting his hand on your shoulder.

"Well then why does he treat me like this, does he hate me?" You ask Kuroo.

"No no no, he likes you a lot, like more than friends but he just can't express it," He tells you.

"If Kenma really does like me like that, then why did he ditch me this morning?" You ask Kuroo, who was rummaging through his bag, looking for something. After a few minutes he finally brought out a small folded piece of paper which your name was written upon and handed it to you.

"Here, it's from Kenma, but I have to go now, talk to you later (Y/N)!" Kuroo waved over his shoulder as he walked away and into the school's gym.

You unfolded the piece of paper and started to read.

(Y/N),

I'm sorry for leaving you like that this morning, I just wanted to tell you that you are right and I should take a step out of my comfort zone. So that is exactly what I am going to do. (Y/N), I want to bring you on a date somewhere, to make up for all the times I have blown you off. I may have come off like I hate you in the past but I admire you. So will you be my girlfriend?

Kenma

You stared at the paper in your hands, eyes filling with tears for some unknown reason. You knew you had a crush on Kenma since you were six but you never would've thought he would return those feelings.

But the most important thing that was on your mind right now was finding Kenma and telling him your feelings in person.

You looked in the gym and saw that there practice had already started.

"Here goes nothing," You mutter to yourself before sprinting into the gym and throwing yourself at Kenma, wrapping your arms around him.

"(Y/N)! What are you doing here?" He asked you, returning the hug.

"Kuroo gave me your note and I just had to tell you in person that I say yes!" You say, taking a step back and looking into Kenma's eyes.

"Really?" He asked you.

"Of course Pudding Head!" You say, bringing him in for a kiss.

After you pull away, you hear everyone laughing and clapping for you two.

"I think you successfully got me out of my comfort zone," Was all Kenma said before leaning in and pressing his lips on yours for the second time of the day.