The Surprise

I followed the map, keeping my ears and eyes open for danger.  "Did you find it yet?" the thing asked from my bag.  "Not yet" I said when suddenly I stopped seeing a tree right in front of me.  I looked at the map then at the tree and began to dig underneath the tree near the roots.  It was almost dark when I finally reached a large bundle wrapped in cloth.

As I reached for it I muttered "It can't be that easy."  Then suddenly a vine wrapped around my ankles continuing up to my knees and stopped.  More wrapped around my arms up to my elbows then stopped.  I cursed at myself.  I was imobilized I couldn't use my magic.  I fought against the vines.  I looked at my bag helplessly.  My lacrima crystal was there, maybe if I could somehow use my wind magic to move my bag around I could call Mirajane.

Then I froze when I heard someone talk.  That's when I realized that it was the tree talking.  I struggled against the vines, only to have them tighten around me.  I concentrated on my magic and saw my bag move.  I moved my bag open bit by bit.  The sun was going down as soon as my lacrima rolled out of my bag.  When it flashed and turned on I said "Call Mirajane."  I waited and when I saw her face I said "Mira."  But was stopped when I heard her say "Y/N your upside down!!", and start laughing.  "Quiet.  I've been like this for hours.  How do I get out?" I growled.

"Get out of what" she asked whiping tears away.  "This tree is hanging me upside down with vines.  I can't use my arms or legs, and its got a good grip" I said wincing.  "What kind of tree is it?" she asked.  I looked at it's leaves and said "A weeping willow."  She smiled and said "Make a promise with her and she'll let you go.  Bye!!"

"Wait" I began but saw the lacrima go dark.  I sighed and said "Willow.  I promise I'll try to visit you everyday if you let me go."  "How do I know you'll keep your promise" said a watery voice.  "Because I'll be living somewhere close by.  You'll see me everyday.  If you want I can move you closer towards my home so you can make sure I keep my promise" I said. 

It was silent for a moment then I felt my body being lowered gently to the ground.  "It does get lonely" she said.  I rubbed my arms and legs and reached for the bundle.  I brought it up and told Willow "I have to leave but I'll be back tomorrow okay.  Then after I get my home fixed up I'll move you ok."  "Yes I'll be here" she said.  I grabbed my bag and crystal.  I looked for the basket and realized that I might have lost it while caught in Willows vines.  

I shrugged then turned to leave.  I turned back towards Willow and waved, and swore I saw it wave back.  When I reached the Mayor's home it was well past dark, I knocked on the door and waited for Glenda to open it.