Chapter 5【Promises】

Chapter 5

It all happened so fast for Harry. Just a few hours ago he was in Flying class with Slytherin. When Malfoy stole Neville’s Remembrall, it set Harry off. He jumped on his broom and stormed toward Malfoy. Gryffindor students were cheering when Harry flew into the atmosphere with much ease. Slytherin (excluding Autumn), on the other hand, were cheering for Malfoy for taunting their House’s rival. In the middle of all this, Autumn was calling out to the two boys.

“Be careful, Harry, Draco! Make sure Madame Hooch doesn’t catch you two!” said Autumn, her voice trembling.

In the end, it was Professor McGonagall who caught her own student. Instead of a punishment, Harry was rewarded with the honor to be Gryffindor’s seeker and a Nimbus 2000. Harry took lessons and learned the basics of Quidditch. The first game of the season was coming soon, in two days to be exact. It was against Gryffindor and Slytherin.

Harry hurried towards Autumn after Charm class ended.

“Are you going to the first game on Thursday?” Harry mused. She replied by nodding her head.

“Of course! I wouldn’t be able to live knowing a missed a game of Quidditch.”

“So which team are you cheering for?”

“I guess Slytherin. I am in that House after all.” She sounded unsure.

“Why don’t you cheer for Gryffindor instead?” Harry suggested. Autumn began to ponder. How would Slytherin react when Fred Weasley scored some points and Autumn Greene was cheering? But, Harry was one of her important friends.

“I guess I could cheer for a certain seeker,” she teased. Harry beamed before he turned a hue of pink. Then Harry and Autumn walked to their next class, talking about how frightening Snape was.

Pansy looked at Vincent and Gregory, they were hidden behind a pillar. “Did you hear that?” She sneered. “She’s going to cheer for Potter.” They both nodded.

“So what’s the plan?” Vincent asked.

“We have to keep Autumn away from Potter. Remove her from his side.” Pansy said. “So here’s the plan…”

Two days zoomed by and there was only a few more hours until the game began. In the meantime, Autumn composed a letter to Rufus.

Dear Rufus

Is it becoming cold where you are? I hope not. There’s a Quidditch game in a few hours. Two to be exact. I can’t believe it’s almost November. Can you believe Harry’s the youngest seeker in years? Yep, he’s a seeker. And don’t think you’re off the hook for tricking me about Harry. When I get home I’m going to tell Lauren about how you used to sleep with a teddy until your 6th year in Hogwarts.

Your Friend Named Autumn.

Autumn sealed the letter in an envelope before tying it to Heather’s, her elf owl, leg. She watched the small owl fly away. When Heather was out of sight, Autumn headed towards her mirror. She tightened the white ribbons on her hair. The last thing she would want if for the winds from the game to blow her ribbons off.

There was about an hour left until the game begins. Autumn was about to head out of the dorm to get good seats but she was stopped by Pansy rushing in.

“Autumn! Have you seen Draco?” Pansy said between breaths.

Autumn shook her head. “I haven’t seen him since Charms.”

Pansy gulped and her eyes enlarged. “Same. You have to help me find Draco!” She suddenly grabbed Autumn’s hand and ran out the dorm.

“Uh…Sure. Why don’t we check the boy’s dorm first? He could be in there?” Autumn asked. Pansy gulped before she shook her head.