Chapter 6 【The Youngest Weasel】

Chapter 6

“I know we just met and all but…” Harry’s lip was trembling uncomfortably. “Would you like to be my girlfriend?”

Autumn was speechless, she was never confessed, heck she didn’t even expect to be confessed. She expected herself to grow up as a lonely cat lady, she does love cats anyways.

“Harry…I don’t know what to say.” She said, blood rushing to her face. They just met almost a month ago, Harry can’t seriously be asking her out.

“I-I…” She stuttered. “I can’t answer your question.”

Harry looked at her oddly and frowned slightly. “What do you mean?”

“I mean that I promised Rufus I wouldn’t get involved in a relationship until I’m in my third year. This might be too much to ask but, can you wait for me until then?”

Harry’s shoulders slumped but he gave her a bittersweet smile. He wouldn’t admit it but he was a little jealous of how important Rufus was to Autumn. But he still respected him.

“Of course I will, Autumn.” Harry gave her a soft smile causing her cheeks to heat up.

Autumn sighed as she woke up the next morning. She faintly smiled at the memory she recalled the previous night. It’s been a year since Harry confessed to her. It was so shocking for her to be confessed to. She honestly expected herself to be single forever and living with two cats named Jelly and Popo.

It’s been a long year but she still couldn’t believe it. The Boy That Lived had feelings for her, sure they were mutual for her but still! She just couldn’t fathom the idea. Why would someone like someone like her? She wasn’t smart nor beautiful. She certainly didn’t have a wonderful personality. She frowned as she recalled what happened.

But that sudden confession wasn’t all that happened. Harry got pretty banged up near the end of the year. There were rumors floating around but they all seemed fake to her. Eventually Harry told her the truth, well majority of it. He left out the parts including his family, not wanting to reopen the wound.  Autumn was relieved he came back safe after his encounter with The Dark Lord but she was especially glad that Professor Quirrel was gone. It was nothing personal, he just creeped her out, a lot.

She pouted as she finally stretched and got off the bed. She tried to untie the multiple knots in her long curly cinnamon brown hair. It grew even longer over the year. I really need a haircut.

“Time for class,” she mumbled to herself.

She exited the dorm and saw Draco with his gang. She eventually grew to despise his gang, which included Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle. She even stopped addressing them by their first names. They were like Draco’s cheerleaders. Every time Draco taunted Harry, they would always erupt into laughter. It was fine during the first year, but the next year, it was like hell.

Of course, there was Draco too. He would always try to ridicule Harry every chance he could. Harry would try his absolute best to keep a stoic expression but Draco always broke the mask. It was like a talent, no one else bothered Harry like Draco Malfoy. There was also Autumn, but it was a totally different scenario. 

But of course, that doesn’t mean that she loathes Draco like she does for Crabbe and Goyle. He was her friend and he knew how she despised the fact that he would make fun of her friend. He would usually do it when Autumn wasn’t around but she always found out eventually.

She waved to Draco and slightly to Crabbe and Goyle. Draco just looked at her, causing her to bring her hand back to her side. She looked at him oddly but continued to walk to class. She met up with Pansy and gave her a smile. Pansy returned the smile with a grin and they made their way to Potion’s class. Over the year, Pansy became friendlier to Autumn. Before she was a little to the rude side but now she was Autumn’s precious friend.