Chapter 7 【Petty】

Chapter 7

“Harry, guess what!” Autumn asked, bubbly.

“What?”

The teen pouted. “Aw, come on Harry, you’re no fun if you don’t guess.”

Harry stifled a laugh before running a hand through his dark tresses. “Fine, fine. You ate a mushroom.”

“Are you trying to imply I’m high off mushrooms?” She cocked a suspecting eyebrow. Harry shook his head furiously. Autumn’s expression changed from doubting to a bright radiant smile. There was a quick thump in his chest by the sight.

“So what exactly happened?”

Autumn twirled on her the heels on her shoes. “I had this dream, and it was pretty eerie. Like I was stuck in a bubble or something like that. I was like simply floating until it suddenly popped. And I was in between two doors. The dream just stopped there.”

The Boy Who Lived began to ponder carefully. “And you were excited about this dream because?”

The brunette giggled. “Because it’s like a mystery. Who doesn’t adore mysteries?” Harry gave her a mild smile. “I can name a few people.” Harry had so many problems going on and majority had no answers. It frustrated him how he didn’t know or couldn’t figure out the puzzle.

Autumn frowned lightly and began to think. “I guess I can understand those people but when you solve it, you just feel so happy and elated.”

Harry’s heartbeat quickened as a pink hue began to glow on his complexion.

Had it already been a year?

A year since he confessed his feelings to her. They barely knew each other at the time but Harry’s heart would always accelerate and his palms would always grow sweaty at the sight of her. Even after the year passed and everything that happened, such as his encounter with Voldemort, he was always thinking of her. He had fought for his parents and friends but also for Autumn. In the back of his mind he thought of her as he battled with Voldemort. His feelings for her didn’t falter for a second, they actually grew. He was quite young but he had a pretty good idea on what love is.

But of course, being so blind by love can’t always be good.

He wanted to just ask her again, to confess again. But…would that be too pushy? Would he seem as impatient?

 It has been a year…No no no! I have to be patient. But how long does she expect me to wait? Harry had a mini fight with himself for a while.

“Harry, you know Ginny Weasley right?” Harry returned from his mind fight and back to earth. He nodded curtly.

“Isn’t so she cute?” She suddenly gushed. “She’s so shy and when she blushes, she becomes as red as her hair, it’s adorable! Plus those eyes, they’re so pretty!”

Harry nodded nonchalantly. It was pretty awkward for him since this was his best friend’s little sister she was talking about. If he were to go along and Ron were to walk, there would be a huge misunderstanding. But that doesn’t mean that he thought of her as unattractive or boring. He simply didn’t fancy her compared to Autumn.

“Harry, I think we’re late for class.”

He gulped and nodded. “You’re right, we better run!”

“I’m so glad tomorrow is Saturday. I really need a break.” Autumn stated as she bounced on her bed. Pansy agreed as she brushed her hair, preparing for the night. “We have about four parchments due this week. Such a pain.” Pansy scowled as she put down her brush and began to adjust her pajamas.

Autumn blew a stray hair out of her face. “Yeah but I’m hanging out with Harry tomorrow. It’s been a while since we hung you, you know?” She hugged a pillow toward her chest with a grin.

Pansy turned around and lowered her eyebrow. “Why do you still hang out with Potter?” She scowled. “He thinks he’s all that.”

She shook her head. “Pansy, you, Draco, and all the Slytherin members have to stop thinking that Harry and everyone else in the houses are worthless or useless. They’re wizards just like you and me and you can’t just judge them for their house.”

“There you go again with that philosophy that everyone can get along.” Pansy waved her hand nonchalantly as she headed to her bed. “Potter is just a bother. It’s so annoying when you think we can all be friends.”

“How is it annoying if you don’t even try, Pansy!” Autumn never liked to raise her voice but she was so aggravated.

“Autumn, grow up. This isn’t like preschool where everyone can be friends like that. Here there are different houses and we’re supposed to stick to those houses.” Pansy groaned as she pointed fiercely at her. “Just stop talking about this. I’m going to sleep.” And with that she cloaked her body with the blanket.

Autumn sighed in defeat as she turned off the lights. She didn’t mean to start this argument. She was just so irked by the petty rivalry between the houses, mainly between Gryffindor and Slytherin. It was so childish and unneeded!

She exhaled once more before going into bed. She closed her eyes in defeat with sorrow.

….

‘What? Where am I?’

I looked in front of me and saw only darkness. I turned around and there I saw a dark shadow.

‘Who are you?’ I questioned, fear evident in my voice.

The shadow released a deep fearsome laugh before speaking. ‘You have to choose quickly.’

‘Choose? What am I supposed to choose between?’

The shadow suddenly faded and I was trapped alone in the darkness.