The Makeover [12]

The Makeover
CHAPTER 12 (EDITED)

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely." ― Charlie Brown

                                     Rosalie Johnson

The day passed by quietly and I was once again in one of my "moods" as Amber likes to call it.

I was still ticked off about Christopher's comment. I'm not going to lie, but it actually made me feel terrible. 

I felt like one of those girl's you see on screen. Where the girl falls in love with a guy and said guy breaks her heart. Well, not that I'm saying I'm in love with Christopher. I mean, I like him, but I don't love him. Not only that, we just started dating. It was too soon to fall in love.

Nonetheless, the comment still hurt.

So what did I do? Well, I did what Rosalie Johnson usually did. I've been teased all my life for and to be honest I never really cared. I went with the flow and if looking like a mess was apart of it then so be it. So I just took a deep breathe and acted like nothing happen ... or at least I tried.

I sat at home laying on the couch flipping through the channels like my life depended on it. There was nothing on and there wasn't much to do. My mom and dad were still out, probably at the doctor's and my brother was nowhere to be seen, which wasn't new.

I couldn't call Amber because I had no phone and the house phone was "mysteriously" missing. I didn't want to go outside because I didn't feel like becoming like popsicle. I didn't want to clean because ... well it was cleaning, definitely not my forte. So bacsically, I had nothing.

I sighed and turned off the television. This was so lame. Why couldn't I be like Dawn and randomly find people to hang out with. It would be so much easier to have fun if I could.

Like a mircale, the doorbell rang. I was glad to finally have something to do, even if it was for a short moment.

I quickly got off the couch and walked to the door. What greeted me was absolutely shocking and funny at the same time.

"Christopher?" I questioned just to be sure, but the dark grey eyes and the curly black hair told me everything.

Standing before me was Christopher; dark and dangerous even without the hoodie. He wore a black jeans with a button down grey shirt that made my mouth water. He shot me a sly smirk and held up a bouquet of ... white lilies? I think. I knew this because my mother used to grow these in our backyard when I was younger, but it was hard to grow because of the climate changes.

"For you," he muttered as he handed me the flowers. I accepted them in a slight daze, shocked that Christopher was standing on my front porch, without his hoodie.

We stood in an awkward silence and for a moment and just for a moment I swear I saw him shift on his feet in nervousness.

"Can I come in?" He questioned.

I nodded my head and stepped aside to let him in.

He looked around as he walked inside my house and turned his attention back to him, his hands shoved deep into his pockets.

"Rosalie, I'm sorry. I was an ass earlier. It's just ... " he trailed off and ran his fingers through his dark hair. His beautiful lips pursed into a thin line.

"My brother was always, uh, I don't know how to phrase this," Christopher muttered as he looked down at his feet hanging his head low.

He looked so vulnerable, it was cute.