The Makeover [18]

The Makeover
CHAPTER 18 (EDITED)

“Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistible urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex. Yippee.” ― J.R. Ward

                                      Rosalie Johnson

"Guess what's coming up?" Amber sang as we sat down in the cafeteria.

"What?" I asked as I opened my bag of chips.

"Valentine's Day!" Amber squealed before taking the bag of chips and swapping it for a bowl of salad.

"Hey, give that back!" I cried as I tried to reach for the bag, but Amber crumpled it and chucked it over her shoulder onto the cafeteria floor. My eyes widened as watched all my chips get crushed like nothing. It was like murder.

"You're supposed to be eating healthy!" Amber exclaimed as I got up from my chair and went to go pick up the small bag of chips from the floor. Maybe they could still be salvaged.

"Rosalie!" Amber yelled as she grabbed the bag chips from hands with a disapproving glare. How dare she scold me after ruining my precious snack?

"I want my chips," I whined like a little child and Amber rolled her eyes.

"Eat all of that," she said pointing to the green salad, "and I'll give you this!" Amber said as she unraveled the ball of mess. I winced as I heard more of the chips breaking.

"Fine!" I picked up the plastic fork and looked down at the salad confused.

"Where's the bacon?" I asked as I moved the leaves away with my fork.

"Bacon?" Amber asked confused.

"Yeah and the croutons. Wait, is there any salad dressing? Why is there no salad dressing?" I questioned bewildered. Did the lunch lady forget to add them?

"Rosalie, this is supposed to be a healthy salad. Adding all those extra ingredients cancels out the whole healthy part," Amber stated.

"But - But that's what makes the salad delcious," I said as I poked at the salad with my fork.

"It's delicious without all those things," she pointed out and I gave her a disbelieving look. Catching my look, she sighed heavily, "just eat," she demanded. Resigning to my fate, I stabbed the lettuce with my fork and shoved it into my mouth.

Gross.

"So like I was saying," Amber spoke. "Valentine's Day is just around the corner," Amber said happily as she twisted open her water bottle.

"And?" I asked with a mouthful of food, Amber gave a disgusted look.

"Remind me to teach you some proper etiquette," Amber muttered.

"Blah," I said opening my mouth so she could see all the chewed up food laying in there. She grimaced, but I simply smirked. Good, she needed to see what I was suffering through.

"Uh, stop!" Amber said.

"No!" I yelled before shoving the fork into my mouth.

"Can I finish what I was saying?" Amber asked disgruntled. I gave her a signal to continue on and she smiled.

"So what do you and Davis have planned. Anything romantic, anything ... sexy?" Amber asked with a wiggle of her eyebrows and I choked on the lettuce that I was chewing on.