The Makeover [14]

The Makeover
CHAPTER 14 (EDITED) 

I'll never stop dreaming that one day we can be a real family, together, all of us laughing and talking, loving and understanding, not looking at the past but only to the future. – LaToya Jackson

                                      Rosalie Johnson

I looked around at the small shops that surrounded us before I focused on what was in front of us. It was a small cosy restaurant that had beautiful lights lining it. It gave the resurant a nice earthly glow that would attract anyone to it.

"This is my families restaurant," Christopher said and I gaped.

"Your families?" I exclaimed and Christopher raised an eyebrow as if to say 'so what?'

I wanted so badly to punch him in the face right there and then because not only was he taking me to a fancy dancy restaurant while I'm in sweatpants and an ugly sweater, but he wanted me to meet his family? His family?!

Oh no. What am I going to do? What am I going to say? Will they like me? I don't think I've ever cared about anyone's opinion about me until then. This was a big deal, a super big deal! I didn't even have time to prepare.

Christopher eyed me for a moment before a slow grin started to spread across his features.

If I wasn't so nervous and angry, I would have taken the time to appreciate how good looking he looked when he smiled. However, now was not the time. I pulled down the visor in the car and looked at myself in the mirror. I pulled my hair out of its ponytail and let it fall on my shoulders. It was kind of messy, but it looked somewhat neat. I even tried running my fingers through it to tame it.

"I don't know how you can smile at a time like this?" I said. I didn't even bother looking at him. I knew if I did, I would either punch him for doing this to me or kiss him because he looked too good to be true.

Then that was when I heard it.

It started off so quietly, at first I didn't hear it, but then it got louder and louder until the car was filled with his boisterous laughter.

"Stop laughing!" I snapped as I watched him try to control himself.

"Christopher!" I hissed.

He shook his head rapidly; his dark curls swaying from side to side as he did so.

I pouted and crossed my arms like a little child who didn't get their way. I was upset. This wasn't a way to ask someone to meet their parents. We've barely been dating for a few days!

It was a minute or two before he stopped laughing. I seriously didn't see what was so funny.

He grasped my hand into his, and kissed the back of it gently.

"Rosalie, you're not meeting my parents," he chuckled.

I stared at him for a moment.

I swear my face was probably a picture of confusion because that was exactly how I felt. Did that mean – No, that bastard. My stare turned into a full blown glare as I thought of several different ways to kill him and make it look like an accident.

"You have got to kidding me," I hissed and Christopher smiled apologetically.

"I was only kidding. However, you will meet two of my family members," Christopher stated as he turned slightly to look at me.