Entry One

Entry one 1/3/1860

Dear Dairy,

      Mother says that there's going to be a war soon, and that I shouldn't go around telling people in what I believe in. War always seem to be foolish in my eyes, why sacrifice blood, bones, lives and families for something that can be settle down by paper and ink. "Mary-Mae June Hollis, you better came right down stairs this instance!" mother yelled on top of her lungs. I quickly close my purple fur dairy, and jump out of my blue covered bed shoving my dairy under my blue bed, sliding across the brown, wooden, oak floor. I run out of my bedroom, and down the blood red hall towards the stairs but before I made it I tripped over my long-sleeve, baby pink gown, and started to tumble down the stairs. Landing with a loud thump I quickly regain myself by standing up, trying to fix my gown and my long, black, thick, side-braided hair before my mother saw me in this mess. I knew exactly why mother called me, and I hate it. Today is the day when my family and I shall go to a meeting, so my father can make a deal with the family that he got a loan from, but couldn't pay back because his business is going down. The reason I hate it is cause I will have to sit there awkwardly and act like I'm a perfect lady that has manners ,which I hate no one show us respect just because we are a different gender ,everyone expects us to be lady-like even the over judging aunts. "Little sis, are you coming or not?" my second eldest brother Jeremiah yelled from the white colored carriage, which held my mother, father and my two older brothers. I rush out the front door and climb on the carriage sitting next to my eldest brother Jefferson. My father signal the coach men to start the journey ahead, which will be pulled by two black, strong steeds. My eldest brother Jefferson and I looks like our mother we all have thick, black hair, dark brown, doe eyes, lightly tan skin, tall and slim the only difference is that his is more muscular and I'm more curvy. My second eldest brother Jeremiah looks like our father white skin, dark brown hair and green emerald eyes, tall and macular. I don't have a good relationship with my father the reason why is cause I always stand up to society and sometimes I don't act lady-like in public, but my mother is sometimes totally fine with it. Jefferson, Jeremiah and I use to be so close that we were inseparable, but know over the courses of years we split apart, we are not that close anymore which is very sad for my mother she always wanted us to be very closed to each other not apart. I always look up to my mother she inspires me to be someone out of the ordinary, different, abnormal. She is kind, caring, sweet and loving, she always understand everyone's problem and she is a great listener. We came to a great halt that shake the carriage making us all bump into each other, I turn around to face with a black iron gate that slowly opens with a pound squeaking sound 'If there so rich can't they afford a better gate?" I thought to myself. We enter the estate stopping at the front door one by one we each get down. The house looks like a two story house that has white wooden pillars and a baloney at the second story, the roof is coal black and has two tiny rectangles with a pointed head on top with windows. My family and I wait for someone to open the door after ringing the door bell , after a minute or two a African -American lady open the door my father tells her that he has a meeting and she opens the door wider to let us in. We walk to the living room and sit down on the pearl white sofas. The lady who greeted us left and came back with another woman and a boy who look around Jefferson age. The woman who came had blonde hair that was tied in a bun, hazel eyes and white skin and the boy had blonde hair like the woman, blue eyes and white skin "Hello, my name is Melanie Grace Deacon, this is my son Charles Davis Deacon and my husband William Roy Deacon will come soon" the blonde woman said to us. Father stood up and started to greet us one by one "My wife Violet Susannah Hollis, my eldest son Jefferson Carter Hollis, second eldest son Jeremiah mason Hollis, the youngest of Mary-Mae June Hollis, and myself is John Mason Hollis". "Ah, John Mason Hollis please come to my studies so we can decide what to do with our little problem." says a man that has brown hair, blue eyes and white skin descending from the stairs pointing his hand to a dark room. My father follows the man who I'm guessing to be William Roy Deacon towards the dark room and shuts the door close after they enter. Melanie start to offer us food and drinks I nicely decline and sat quietly looking around ,but that is hard to do when someone is keep on staring at you, the kid named Charles was looking at me like I'm going to do something to the place which is kind of creepy to me . I try to keep my mind off of it but I cannot, so I just sit next to mother and pray that the meeting will be over soon. After an hour of gossip and tea finally William and my father come out of the dark room and that is when everyone stops talking and waiting for them to answer what is the deal and what I heard change my life forever. I'm getting married to Charles Davis Deacon.