Entry Four

Entry Four-1862 4/19/1862

Dear Diary,

'I stare out the train window watching things go by in a blare, it's kind of like life it comes and goes in a blink of an eye, and the train is the speed of time, so fast that no-one or thing can catch it. Four hours and thirty minutes in a crowded train squashed by the window and a random blonde man who's is snores can wake up the dead can really do a toll by numbing your leg so much that you can't walk'. Suddenly, my breakfast started to rise up my throat in a slug pace I jump up faster than a kangaroo leaving my diary on my leather seat, and rush toward the nearest woman's bathroom, leaving the snoring man and my window seat behind. I tumble along the old, dirty stained carpet to the next cart. I see the woman's bathroom only a few feet away, but before I could get there my wonderful breakfast masterpiece was painted on the floor of the train. I stumble over to the dark brown bathroom door that has a woman charter on it, and pushed it open. I go over to the sink and rinse my mouth and wash my face, I never liked to ride on trains even when I was young I would throw a tantrum so I wouldn't have to ride the train. Slowly my fast paced breaths went back to regular pace, but I stay there for a while with my arm supporting my body against the maroon marble counter. Once I was feeling somewhat better I go out the door, I see that my beautiful creation was gone and that the smell of acid and rotten food was in the air. Walking to my seat when the conductor screech throughout the train "We arrived at Arkansas hope you have an wonderful stay ,for those who are going to Missouri please be back within one hour we will be leaving at six-o-clock sharp." Putting my diary in my backpack and holding it with my left arm ,I was literally pushed out of the train since I had one hour until the train left I decided to get something to eat ,so I don't need to pay for overpriced drinks and snakes. Wishing that I had a map with me, I aimlessly walk around the sidewalks of the city finally I found a little decent cafe on the street corner it was a hazel wooden, rectangular building that had a door with a rose-pink border with the name of the cafe in gold. When I walked in the smell of bacon filled my nostrils, I sit at a table set for two by the window. A girl around my age comes up to me and asks me what would I like to have with a over cheerful voice and wide smile, I ask her for some coffee with cream and sugar also a chicken sandwich. Once the girl leaves to put in my order I stare outside my window looking at the people walking by and the horses pulling the different colored carriages then all of a sudden the police bargained in the cafe and started to yell "We know that you are in here!" and searched all over the cafe. Through all of this I was sitting still and not saying a word, not knowing what is happening I was actually scared to my wits end. A police officer came outside of the kitchen holding a young African-American boy who look around five or six years old. "What's happening officer and why is there a slave here?" ask the over cheering waitress who took my order, "We saw this little boy here a few blocks down and was acting a little weird ,so when we started to come up to him ,he ran away ,bet he is a runaway slave, we'll just take the usual persuader." When he said that I knew what that meant thirty to fifty whip lashes I look at the small boy ,he was in rip, brown rags and had bruise all over his arms, legs and face he look so scared to be back in the life of unfairness and I couldn't let that happen. The next thing that happened shocked all of us in the dinner "His mine." I say with a voice with courage standing up and walking towards the boy. "Oh, really his yours?" asks the officer who is not convents "Well, actual his my husband's family slave, but he said I get to use him for anything, so I ask this boy to get me a"....I didn't know what to say so I said the next thing that came out of my head "Hat!"." Well that doesn't explain why he runaway" "Let's asks him shall we?" I said to the cops with fake anger in my voice hoping that the boy caught on with my lie. "I was scared to tell her that the hat that she wanted was more than the money she gave me that is why I was acting weird and when you people started to chase me I thought you wanted to take me away from her." said the African-American boy in a whisper voice and then ran behind my leg warping his arms around my leg. I gave the cop a smug look and said "I'm sorry for this little scandal I hope you have a nice day." "Sorry, but can I ask you how did you not see him when he came in?"