Chapter 11: Cobra and Viper

The inside of Blister's makeshift base was bustling in excited Sand and few SeaWings. Small tents darted the sands, and dragons flew overhead with their great wings. Cactus envied them, with those great wings, able to carry them to new heights she could never experience.

"Cactus!" a small SandWing, barely twelve years old, romped over to her. She flung herself at Cactus and knocked her to the ground in a tender hug.

"Cobra!" Cactus said with excitement, hugging the dragonet, "Oh I've missed you!"

Cobra was the youngest fighter in Blister's army, with a brother, Viper, only a few moons older. The two were like Cactus's own dragonets, her family, even if Viper didn't show his liking of Cactus as openly as his sister. They both loved her and would always hug her when she came back from a mission.

Cobra got up and dusted the sand from her scales. "Look everybody! Cactus is back!!!" She shouted excitedly to anyone who heard her and ran off to tell more soldiers that Blister's assassin/spy was back, barreling past her brother and nearly knocking him over as he walked towards Cactus.

"Talons and tails..." He muttered to himself, "That dragonet needs to be more careful... Cobra is gonna get hurt one of these days." Viper shook his head in disdain.

"Well, it's good to see you too, Viper." Cactus said, sitting in the sand. The little dragon's ears perked and he looked at Cactus. "Thank the moons you're not dead!" He rushed into Cactus's open arms, "You wouldn't believe how much Cobra has been worrying and sobbing that you were gone and Blister was mad at all of us and killed a SeaWing because she thought you were dead and we all thought Scarlet had gotten to you and-" Viper noticed a long scratch running from the SandWing's right talon to her elbow, and backed away as not to hurt her, "What happened! Are you okay!"

"Calm down, Viper." Cactus said, "I'm just fine. The SkyWings decided to put me through their arena before I left, But they've all healed."

"All???" Viper questioned, circling around Cactus to see the rest of her scars and burns, "Who did this to you?!?!?"

Cactus sighed, "A very insane dragon who didn't know what side he was on..."