Chapter 2: Walks and Talks

We all entered The Three Broomsticks. Hermione went up to order and we all sat down, waiting for her. No one spoke, it was a comfortable silence though. Draco decided to break the ice first. 

"Hi everyone, look I know you don't really like me and all because I'm Slytherin and well I've kind of been a jerk to everyone but I want you to know that I really really like Hermione." 

"Malfoy, just please don't break her heart." I said. 

"I won't. I'm really happy when I'm around her."

"Well who would've ever though that Draco Malfoy would like a Gryffindor?" teased Harry laughing. 

"Not my father, that's for sure." said Draco joining along. 

We all kept the conversation light and happy. Everyone was laughing except for Ron. 

"Ron what's your problem?" I asked elbowing him. 

"Nothing, I'm fine." he grunted. 

Hermione finally returned with butterbeer for everyone. The door opened and in walked Lavender. 

"Oh Won-Won there you are! I've been looking all over for you. Oh have you been saving me a seat all this time?" she gasped and ran over to us. 

"Oh." said Cho under her breath. 

"What?" asked Harry. 

"Look guys. especially Ron I'm really sorry but I just don't know what it is about her that I just really really hate....that was really rude, I'm so sorry! You guys are probably really close with her." she said biting her lip. 

We all started laughing including Ron. 

"No one here likes her!" I said gasping for breaths. 

"But then why is he dating her?" she asked clearly confused. Oh right, she doesn't see the way he's looks at Hermione. 

"Er well, no one's quite sure of that really." said Harry. 

"He's a pretty weird kid." I stated. 

Lavender took a seat next to him and started snogging him in front of us. 

I covered my eyes.

"I'm melting!" I yelled. 

"Ah I'm scarred! That's it! No more sleep for me I guess." said Harry as I laughed. 

"Anyone wanna go for a walk?" I asked jumping up. 

"I thought you'd never ask!" they all exclaimed. Draco ran to Hermione, Dean and Cho went wherever they went. 

"So I guess it's just you and me?" asked Harry as I smiled. 

"Let's go!" I said pushing him out the door. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How did we end up here?" I asked. It had been about 15 minutes since we left The Three Broomsticks.

"I'm not so sure. You know I always thought somehow we would....." he trailed off. 

"We would what?" 

"You know.... be together." he said sighing. 

I smiled. 

"I know but after that singing card I gave you, yeesh I still don't know why I did that, I knew it would never happen." 

"But why?"

"Harry, you're my brother's best friend. He would kill us both. Plus we're not into each other that way. Right?"