Part 13

Stevie and Lindsey were more or less official for a couple of weeks. They hadn't exactly made a public announcement or anything like that, but among family and friends, they were known as a couple. Again, after a very very long time. They weren't living together full time yet, but Lindsey spent most of the nights during the week with Stevie at her big house/studio. He wasn't the only frequent visitor either, Gabi and Maria were splitting time between their Mom and Dad's place every few days.

It was Friday, the last day of the week, when Stevie worked on her album with Dave and others. Once they were done, she was supposed to go with Karen to Michael's and pick the girls up, but one, Karen had something personal come up and two, Dave was determined to get the right take for one of the songs, which kept Stevie occupied for longer than planned.

"I have to take five, Dave." She said, taking off the headphones. "I'll have a cup of tea and we can continue."

"Alright." He said, with a small nod, knowing he had been working her a little too hard.

Lindsey followed after Stevie into the kitchen as she went to put the kettle on. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he kissed the back of her head, making her smile. "I've missed you today."

"I know, I'm sorry. But we're getting really close to finishing."

"That's good." He said, walking over to the table, sitting down. 

"Linds?"

"Mhm?"

"Could you maybe bring the girls here? I'm still busy and Karen can't..."

"You mean... just by myself?"

"Yeah. I'd call Michael, he'd know."

"Well, sure I can do that, but is it a good idea?"

"If we go pick them up after I'm finished, then they'll be here for bed time."

Very hesitant, Lindsey shrugged. "Do call him though, before I show up there."

"Of course, I will do that." Stevie assured. "Thank you."

"No need, baby. Should I get something on the way back? Take out?"

"Be a dear." She nodded, giving him a kiss. 

"I thought a bottle of wine would be nice. Um... there's something to celebrate."

"Oh really?" Stevie looked over her shoulder, as she went to pour the boiling water into a cup. "What's that?"

"I'm not going to tell you just yet."

"You can't tease me like that." She looked at him pointedly.

"Sure I can." He winked, grinning.

"Well, then don't tell me that, when I decide to tease you." She smirked.

"Stevie!" They both heard from the other room.

"Ugh, I thought I was the boss." She rolled her eyes, taking her tea with her. 

After calling Michael, Stevie went back to recording, while Lindsey went to change out of his sweatpants, before getting into his car and driving over to Stevie's ex husband's house. Lindsey wasn't thrilled about this to say the least, but he could hardly ever say no to Stevie. 

Pulling into the driveway, Lindsey took a deep breath, before getting outside, as he made his way to the front door, ringing the bell. My God, this is going to be awkward... Michael appeared in a moment, gritting his teeth at the man in front of him - he hated that Stevie obviously had already moved on.