Chapter 9

BeFoUr | ZAYN
(bc I'm obsessed 💓)

"I didn't think I'd get this big so fast."

I tried not to glare at Kat as she attempted to mask her chuckles by cupping her hands around her mouth (which was a total fail, really, since I could still hear her loud and clear), and if eyes could actually shoot darts, I was sure they'd be pierced right into the surface of her skin right now. Luckily for her that was impossible and I knew she meant no harm so I wasn't offended in any way at all. Still, though, was my getting bigger really that humorous?

Finishing up her laughing, Kat sent a sweet smile my way and said, "It's only natural, love. Everyone's different, though. Have you ever seen them shows about women not knowing they're pregnant? That's some pretty scary shit right there."

It was funny hearing how much of a sailor mouth she had when she wasn't around Oliver. Which was definitely something she and Louis shared in common; I swear they were pretty much made for each other.

"That sounds awful," my face scrunched up. "Can you imagine that?"

"I'd rather not," Kat snorted before pulling a shirt off of the rack we were currently standing in front of. She then held it up to my body, pulling me towards a nearby mirror so I could see how it looked for myself. "What do you think?"

And well, I didn't think anything, really. I saw no appeal in the shirt she picked out for me at all. "No thanks," I shook my head. "I hate maternity clothes. I miss my skinny jeans."

"I loved them. I still have mine."

"Why?" I sent Kat a funny face. "I'm boxing everything up once she's out."

Kat snorted so loud then that a few people nearby had turned around to look at her, but she seemed unfazed for the most part as always. "For memories mostly," she shrugged. "I think 'm like borderline on the verge of becoming a hoarder, I can't throw things out or give it away to save my life. Oliver's probably gonna have all of his clothes from now when he's like thirty."

"You're mad," I snickered, shaking my head.

"And," she continued as if she'd never stopped, "and, y'know, just in case."

She caught my attention, then, causing my eyebrows to furrow out of curiosity. "In case what?" I asked.

"In case there's ever a time I'll need to wear them again." And, oh, that. I glanced at Kat from underneath my eyelashes to find her with a faint flush of blood filling up her cheeks, and if that wasn't the sweetest thing I'd ever seen I'd need to find out what was soon.

"Do you think that'll happen?" I questioned, because since she'd brought it up I genuinely wanted to know now.

"Dunno," she lifted a shoulder. "But I wouldn't mind it. Not now of course, but I wouldn't mind having another kid in the future. I know Louis wouldn't, either."

"You've talked about it?"

"Yeah," she smiled brightly, more like glowed, speaking about this. Her expression reminded me of sunshine itself; light and happy and ethereal all mixed into one. It was making me feel some kind of way that I couldn't exactly explain, but it was good. It was a nice feeling. "We didn't—we haven't planned anything, just talked about if it'd ever be a possibility again. Louis', like, surprisingly really in love with kids. I remember when I first met him I couldn't even picture him holding a child in his arms and now look where we are."