Chapter 21

TiO | ZAYN

I wasn't sure what other people's opinions out there may be, but when it came to my own, I personally found it very hard to concentrate on getting things done when there was a grown man hanging off of my shoulders. Because here my husband was, stood behind me with his arms wound around my body, his lips attached to the side of my neck like a leech, nibbling on my skin like it was his job to do so. His fingers glided slowly alongside my waist, smooth and sly like a snake in the grass, until locking together at my front. Small kisses were left upon my skin, his breath following the same path, and I tried so hard not to shiver at the feeling, but of course I failed. Miserably.

"Hi," he whispered pleasantly against my the curve of my collarbone.

I couldn't stop my mouth from twisting upwards. "Hey," I replied, trying to keep my smirk to myself. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." He shrugged, but that was a lie because he was definitely doing something. Like, mouthing at my shoulder blade like he was now. "What are you doing?"

I chuckled softly before saying, "Being an adult and going through our mail."

"That's boring."

"Well, do you have something better in mind?"

"Actually, I do." Zayn seemed to perk up, then. I could feel his smile against my skin. "And it involves being an adult, too. Lots of adult related things, really."

I wanted to laugh right about now, but I kept it in for the time being. Zayn wasn't discreet at all, it was actually hilarious. But then again, I was pretty sure that was his initial intention. Something told me he already had a plan formed in his mind.

"Making a grocery list?" I proposed, biting my lip to mask my growing smile. "That's an adult thing, yeah?"

"Yes," his teeth gently scraped against my neck. "But not quite."

"Paying a bill? Figuring out a retirement plan?"

"No," Zayn snorted out a laugh, shaking his head a bit. "And no."

"Well, now I'm running out of ideas." I said, and as soon as I did, Zayn's hands started to travel from where they rested against my frontside, further down until he was toying with the button of the jeans I was currently wearing.

"What are you doing?" I chuckled out loud as I reached down to stop the motion of his hands.

"Do you really need me to explain that, Jan—"

"No, I know, but like, now? Right here?"

"Why not?" Zayn pulled away with a slight frown as if I'd just grown a second head. "The baby's asleep and no one else is around. This is our house, anyway."

"I don't know, it just..." and I couldn't even finish that sentence because deep down I kind of liked the sound of what he was playing at, and truthfully, I didn't want to completely shoot him down. I didn't want to out rule it, if I was being honest. It wasn't like we'd never done it before, it just—it felt weird now for some reason that I couldn't fully explain.

"Exactly." Zayn stated, and well, it wasn't unheard of for him to be right every now and then.

He managed to spin me around until we were face to face. He pulled me in, then, by the waist until our chests met in the middle and he was surging forward to capture my lips in between his. And God, did it feel nice. It wasn't often that we had moments like this to ourselves what with our lives becoming a lot busier over the past few weeks, so I was definitely going to cherish every second this moment lasted.