Writings

Light filters through the blue curtains to my right and I squint pulling the blanket over my head and roll over trying to bury myself deeper in the warm bed. I stretch out a bit before my hand comes in contact with a something scruffy.

I poke my head out of the blanket and I'm met with a large mane of dark curly hair, lifting my head up a bit I see Andrew fast asleep his mouth slightly agape. He looks so peaceful and I'm tempted to run my hand across his jawline that my hand currently rests on but I don't want to wake him up. I realize we must have fallen asleep after last night on the couch in the bus. I'm not quite sure where the blanket came from though.

I gently lift my hand from Andrew's face to the curtains that are keeping out the light, it's pretty bright outside and I'm surprised noone else is awake. I gently get up leaving Andrew sleeping on the couch. And I realize there is no one else on the bus as I walk around. As I come back I notice a note on the counter. I pick it up and begin to read 

"Aria we all woke up and got off and went to breakfast, we didn't want to wake you two. We are parked at the hotel and your guy's hotel room key card is on the table. Make sure to lock up the bus when you leave. -Mia"

I stretch and grimace as I realize just how sore I am. I debate waking up a still sleeping Andrew...buttttt a bed would be way comfier than the couch. 

I crouch down next to his face. "Andrewww. Andy wake up." I say softly brushing his hair back as he slowly wakes up. "We're at the hotel, lets go rest in the room instead of staying on the couch."

He nods, yawning and sits up groaning. His back must be hurting too. We slowly collect our things and go up to our room. As soon as I open the door Andrew sets down his stuff and makes a beeline for the bed flopping down face first.

I let out a soft laugh and follow behind, I lay down next to him and he mumbles something into his pillow. 

"What was that?" I ask turning to look at him. 

He pulls his face out of the pillow long enough to talk, "My back hurts and I'm tired." 

I sit propping myself up on my elbows, "Well better a bed than a couch now." I change positions and start rubbing his back in slow circles starting at the back of his neck and working my way down until I reach his hips and then back up again. I don't know how long I do this for but when I stop he turns his head to look at me frowning. 

"I was enjoying that." he pouts. 

"Mhmm, I'm sure you were but I'm tired too." I lay back down letting out a yawn.

Andrew rolls onto his side and pulls me close against him. "You know we haven't really talked much aside from last night. Are you still doing okay? You never fully explained that makeover."

I hum in acknowledgement happy to be held but I finally answer, "The girls were just trying to cheer me up. I know you get busy and its really tiresome to be touring like this but I was feeling a bit neglected. As selfish as that is." Andrew is quiet as he listens. "I guess a part of it is, I'm still not confident in myself and you seem to disappear into your work a lot even when you're not performing." I trail off. 

"Love, don't fret. You should have just told me." He gets up, "Let me show you what I've been working on. They're nowhere near complete just chords and some lines, but look." He grabs the notebook from his bag and flips to somewhere in the middle before handing it to me. 

The first page at the top has the words "Almost? Sweet Music?" titled at the top and there are a bunch of chords written down. A bit of lyrics stick out to me, "The very thought of you and am I blue? A love supreme seems far removed. I get along without you very well, some other nights....she'll turn to me awake and ask is everything alright" I look up at him and he nods as I continue to flip through the pages. On one page a small bird was doodled in the corner with the words, "I couldn't utter my love when it counted. Ah but Im singing like a bird bout it now. I couldn't whisper when you needed it shouted ah but im singing like a bird bout it now." Further done the page other lines were written, "all of my goodness is gone with you now" stood out to me. They were scattered and nowhere near a complete song but it was still pretty almost like poetry. The third page there was just writing, "Eyes at the heights of my baby and its hold had the fight of my baby and the lights were as bright as my baby but your love was unmoved. and the sights were as stark as my baby the cold cut as sharp as my baby and the nights were as dark as my baby half as beautiful too."

I look up at Andrew who was studying me intensely, "Is this..is this about me?" I ask him. 

He sits back down next to me and wraps himself around me, "Of course it is my love."

It brings tears to my eyes, not of sadness but happy ones and I rest back into his embrace relaxing in the home that I found there.