Chapter 5: Past And Future

The queen had avoided the pirate the rest of the journey. They never spoke about what happened, or that she actually called him Killian for once. But now they were walking on the beach of Neverland heading into the forest without a map or a way out.

"We don't have to do it this way. I can fix the Jolly Roger. My magic is powerful enough. We can execute the pirate's plan." Regina explained avoiding using hooks name. "Sneak attack? Let's not be naive. Save your magic. We'll need it later, because Pan already knows we're here. It's time we stop running. Gold was right. This land is run on belief. All of us have been too busy being at each other's throats to be believers. I was as wrong as anyone else. It's time for all of us to believe... not in magic, but in each other." The saviour stated as everyone stopped their conversations and looked towards the blonde.

"You wanna be friends? After everything that's happened between all of us?" The queen laughed until her yes connected with the pirates and her laugh faded.
"I don't want or expect that. I know there's a lot of history here and a lot of hate."
Emma looked between Regina and her parents not quite knowing what history hook had with the queen.

"Actually, I quite fancy you from time to time, when you're not yelling at me." The pirate admitted to the blonde much to Regina's dismay. It's not like anything was going on why was she jealous? Was he trying to make her jealous?

"We don't need to be friends. What we need to know is the only way to get Henry back is cooperation." Emma ignores hooks remark noticing the sadness that lurked in Regina eyes.
"With her? With him? No, Emma, we have to do this the right way." David announced gesturing toward Regina and hook turning the queens glare from sadness to anger. "No, we don't. We just need to succeed. And the way we do that is by just being who we are... a hero, a villain, a pirate. It doesn't matter which, because we're gonna need all those skills, whether we can stomach them or not." Still being called a villain. Not like that's ever going to change.

"And what's your skill, "savior"?"

'I'm a mother, and now I'm also your leader. So either help me get my son back or get out of the way." Emma draws her sword and walks into the dark forest. Her parents reluctantly follow, Hook shrugs at Regina before they follow.

----------

"The ridge is just a few hundred paces up ahead." The pirate announced.
"You really think we're gonna be able to see Pan's hideout?" Emma questioned catching up to hook.
"From there, we should be able to see everything, including where he's keeping your son." Killian looked back to Regina, they made eye contact for a split second until she changed the topic feeling her cheeks turn red.
"You know, I could have just poofed us up here in an instant."
"Where? Have you any idea what's up here or anywhere? There are dangers all about. Only I can guide us past them. Don't want you getting hurt do we love?" His flirtatious smirk graced his lips.

"He's right. Hook's lived here before. If he says hiking up is the best way, then we listen." The blonde agreed.
David was in the lead and was cutting down branches blocking their pathway, he saw a patch of thorns and moved to cut them until hook stopped him. "No. No!"
"I can handle a couple of thorns."
"That's dreamshade. It's not the thorns you have to worry about. It's the poison they inject you with. This plant is the source of the toxins I used on The Dark One." Hook explained
"We'll go this way." David pointed straight forward with a sarcastic smile. He went off as Mary Margaret and Regina followed behind.
"Pan's lair should be just right..." Hook started but never finished as he admired Regina's figure from behind. "Where? All I see is jungle." He was knocked out of his thoughts by Regina's voice.
"Aye. The Dark Jungle. It's, uh, grown so much since I last stepped foot in Neverland."
"So this nature hike was for nothing." The ex queen huffed.
"We'll have to go around it. In order to do that, we're gonna need our strength. I suggest we make camp." The prince suggested much to Regina's disapproval.
"You wanna sleep while my son is out there suffering?" Hook walked to to Regina and peered over her shoulder at the miles of forest.
"If we want to live long enough to save the boy. Yes, don't worry your majesty, I'll make a bed fit for a queen..." His voice trailed of into the thick air as she turned around and raised an eyebrow stopping him from adding anything else.

----------

Regina had wondered off into the forest looking for food.... Or an escape from the irritating charmings and pirates with wondering eyes.
"Regina!"
The mayor dropped the bowl of berries and swore under her breath looking up to find a confused and concerned Mary Margaret.
"What do you want snow..." Her voice trailed of as she bent down to collect the bowl.
"We were worried! You just left; hook offered to go find you but I didn't think you appreciate his company so I came instead..."

Hook was worried about her? He probably just wanted an excuse to get a breather like she did... Right?

"Hook- he... Erm.. He offered to find me?" She stuttered whilst moving stray hair strands out if her face. Mary Margaret smiled at Regina's question confusing the mayor.

"What?"

"No, just you and hook seem to have... History,"

Regina's mouth opened but nothing came out. Looking away from her step daughter she found her voice again.

"We do..."

Realising how that sounded she spun on the heel of her shoes to meet an overly excited grin of snows face. "But not like that." She clarified.

She turned to face the bush but soon returned to face the princess at her next words. "Do you think you could have a future?" She held her arms up in defence at Regina's death glare. "It was only a question!" That She didn't say no too. But she didn't say yes either so it still counts right?

"Let's- let's get back to camp," Regina nodded in approval to herself at her way to end the conversation. They didn't speak nor stop the entire way back but Regina stopped in her tracks when she saw the camp. Or rather her bed. Everyone else had a makeshift pillow and shelter with a blanket, Regina had a full on tent to fit two.

"That was for us," David explained gesturing towards himself and snow. "But he rather insisted you had it..." David finished pointing towards the pirate.

"I said you'd have a bed fit for a queen and a bed fit for a queen you shall have," hook clarified emerging from behind a tree drawing Regina's attention away from the tent.
"Thanks..." She mumbled as snow came out from behind her and stood next to her husband the smile not leaving her face.
"I presumed you'd like your space..." Killian started as he got closer to the mayor; she just smiled avoiding taking to him as she had done since he saved her life. Swerving round him she went into her bed and just laid there, starring into the woods but facing away from everyone else. Her detour received a sigh from the pirate as he looked at the floor not moving from were he was when he could see straight into Regina's eyes.

Emma moved over to talk to her mother sensing the girl talk David walked over to wear hook still stood tapping him on the shoulder as if it would make him feel better.

"You get anything out of her?" Emma asked her mother who was already looking at her step mother.

"Nothing."

Sorry I haven't updated in ages and this is such a long chapter it's more of a filler chapter to be honest 😂😅💕
All comments are welcome that's for reading 😇
-Millie xx