Chapter 9: Familiar Smirk

okay so this is hella short i know but i thought it was the nicest way of ending this story so enjoy ;) -millie xo

They had all retuned to the ship worn out and hungry to find rumple waiting for them- questioning what took them so long. After fashioning up some food and putting henry to bed- Tinkerbelle putting herself to bed not so long after. They all sat looking at the ocean in the bitter air sharing a celebratory drink. Emma sat manspreading pouring herself and rumple another well needed glass of Hooks rum. Snow had her head on David's shoulder and had wrapped herself in a blanket found somewhere bellow deck. Regina and Hook were sat close enough to feel the heat coming off each others bodies but not close enough for Rumple to make a remark. The group hadn't spoken any further about the confessions made earlier that evening- however snows slightly drunken state suggested they wouldn't be hearing the end of it. 

"sooo......." snow slurred receiving groans from the majority of the circle. "if you don't mind me asking Regina- do you love the pirate" Emma chocked on her drink and the men of the group let out a little chuckle- Hooks more awkward than the others. Regina on the other hand didn't look too pleased. "its not exactly that simple sweetheart. As im sure hook filled you in, I supposedly have a soul mate with a lion tattoo and he doesn't have one- trust me I've checked" she laughing looking at the ground. "But Regina you've changed since then, you've changed a lot- you cant expect to have the same soulmate when you're a different person." the prince added to the silence. he was right. since she saw that man she had gone evil and gone back. "and..." hook began to add placing his arm around the queen. " I can always get a lion tattoo."

---------

Emma and david had been the last up along with the pirate and queen. they'd sort of become more than just acquaintances- friends if you will. it was almost funny how she shared a son with people she had killed her father in order to enact revenge on. The duo sat finishing the bottle and sharing looks of comfort and wonder. "im not going to admit this lightly captain" she began turning towards him, her legs now half straddling the crate they had been sat on. "but I- am willing.. too... give this- give us a go." the pirate turned immediately to face her with  familiar smirk. "but-" she continued pointing her still perfectly manicured hand in his face. "you've got one chance killian, and I mean that. Henry is all I need and he will always come first but im not opposed to the idea of me and you maybe trying to make something of this- as long as you stop kissing random women when you're sad and drunk" the pair laughed before stating he could say the same for her.

They made their way to bed- with hook promising not to try anything- not that Regina would mind, they were 'dating' of sorts now after all. They had laid facing each other for the best part of two hours discussing the ins and outs of how hook will have to work around regina's schedule as mayor and how he needs to cut down drinking around henry. She was the happiest she had been since before henry and him the same. She was terrified of it going wrong not that she would ever admit it but she always had flings or one night stands- never thinking she's worthy of love or that anyone would or could ever love her. His thoughts much the same. which is why they were so perfect for each other- they both made their mistakes and buried the hatchet. She looks sleep rumpled and completely livid which Is coincidently exactly how she looked in a few fond memories that no amount of alcohol could drown out- not that he wants to do anymore. He had A familiar smirk that she should've forgotten completely by now- but hasn't even come close too. He likes to think he's better because of her. he was hardly going to be husband of the year but hed be enough. and that's all that really mattered.