Adjustments: Part 2

"Four. What are you doing over this way?" Tris said, hating that her voice sounded slightly panicked.

"I was coming to see you, but you weren't home." His voice was low and angry. Tris had no idea why he would sound that way. He had no idea that she had agreed to let Eric stay with her. Eric glanced at Tris then at Four.

"Well as entertaining as this conversation will surely be, I have to be getting back to work." Eric then turns to Tris and puts his hand out. She hands him his new key. "Tris, Four." Tris was grateful that he choose not to rub the fact that he was moving in with her in Four's face. She needed to handle this conversation very carefully. Eric walked down the hallway towards Tris's apartment. When he disappeared around the corner, Tris turned to Four.

"Do you mind telling me why you are so angry?" Four's eyebrows shoot up on his forehead and he rocks forward. He crosses his arms.

"Angry? Why would I be angry when I find out that my girlfriend is letting my worst enemy move in with her. Nope, not seeing a reason to be angry, Tris." The venom in his voice caused Tris to take a step back.

"Look, I was there and Eric can't go back to his place. I am sure that he would have done the same for me."

"Oh I'm sure he would have. He has been dying to get you since you stepped foot in dauntless, and here you are inviting the devil himself in. Do you seriously have no clue how to act around grown men??" As he is talking his voice is raising. But then something clicks.

"How did you know about this? I haven't told anyone."

"What? What does it matter how I found out?" While Tris knew that Eric had not said anything to anyone as he was with her the whole time, there was only one option.

"You were listening into the meeting weren't you?! Do you have any idea how illegal that is? What if someone found out?"

"How I found out is not the issue here. The fact that you are letting Eric move in with you when I haven't even spent the night is what is bothering me." Tris lets out a frustrated sigh.

"Seriously Four. It's not the same thing by any means. He is not my boyfriend and therefore there will be none of THAT going on."

"Oh really? Where is he going to sleep Tris? You only have 1 bedroom. Or have you not given that any thought." Shit. Tris hadn't thought of that. Now what? "Or maybe you did think of that..." That was it. Tris was finished with this conversation.

"Well, I think you have said everything that you needed to Four. I have things to do. I have no interest sitting here and listening to your delusional thoughts and theories. When you decide to respect my decision and want to treat me like an equal again and not some helpless little girl, then come and find me. Otherwise, don't bother." With that Tris walked away in the direction of her apartment. She was still fuming as she walked in.

She immediately noticed that her once empty bookshelf was now stuffed with Eric's books. His knives and guns were now on her mantle. Just those few things helped create a more cohesive space. Tris never knew what to do with the space that she was given. She never had that many personal items, especially growing up in abnegation. She was never able to make her apartment feel like a home. But with only a few books and knives, Eric had done just that. She walked back to her bedroom. Her anxiety level rose the closer she got. Would Eric just assume that he would stay in her bed? She stopped at the doorway. Eric was in the closet. He must have heard her as he turned around.

"I'm just putting my clothes in here. I hope you don't mind. You don't have another closet."

"No it's fine." Clothes. Let's just focus on clothes. As Eric was finishing up hanging his clothes, his phone rang.

"Gotta go. Thanks again for this Tris. But if this is going to cause too many problems, just let me know and I will find somewhere else to go. It's not a big deal."

"Don't worry about it, or about Four as that is what you are getting at. I want you here and you are welcome here." Eric sent her a smile as he walked out the bedroom door.

"Thanks. Guess I will see you at dinner. I'll make you something, a kind of thanks."

"Ok. Deal. See ya later. "