Prologue

Kagami's POV:

"Taiga! Here's the map to your new school, if anyone bullys you because of your fabulous looks, always remember that big dear aunty Senma will personally deal with them. Oh and remember-"

"Don't talk to strangers because even if I'm considered a hidden prodigy I'm still a 12 year old boy. I know Aunt Senma, you've repeated it 20 times already. I'll be fine, Teiko is a considerably safe school after all." I gave a small rare smile that shined worry away. 

"Ittekimasu!" I chided as I stepped out the door, ignoring the small 'Little Taiga is all grown up' talk.

I sighed as I closed the door and leaned back for a moment as if dreading the moment, which I actually kind of am. 

"What's so bad about meeting the hottest anime boys ever?" Sara, my guardian angel, flown down and landed on my shoulder. Just telling you she doesn't look like a guardian angel at all, more like a fangirl version of tinkerbell with mini feathered wings.

"For you, I suppose. You do realize that Kagami never met or heard of the GoM until highschool so can you please explain to me why I'm going to Teiko middle school as a first-year?"

Sara plopped something into her mouth which I deemed as bubblegum, I sighed as she started blowing bubbles. I put a high tech light blue pair of headphones over my head and turned on some anime music. I folded the map of Teiko my aunt gave me and put it into my pocket. I already memorized it earlier. 

With music in my ear and a invisible to human eye tinkerbell/angel on my shoulder chewing bubblegum I walked towards my new battlefield- I mean school. I absently noted that other Teiko student were starting to appear via there uniforms. I also absently noticed that most of there attention was on me which I ignored.

I sighed as I reviewed my current new life.

My name was Shuichi Kira. Note the 'was' part. I was born as a pretty good-looking boy if I do say so myself. Not that I cared anyway. I was also a genius apparently. Being the only few humans in human history to be able to use 13 percent of the human brain while normal humans only use 10 percent.

But everything was black and white. What was the point of being a genius when everything was boring? I didn't even have to try hard to understand and easily master something. There was no joy, no sense of accomplishment and pride I use to feel before my so-called parents started forcing me to master and study stuff that was boring. 

Then it all changed when I saved a child from being hit by a truck. Classic accident. Result? Being crippled. Didn't change much for me except for a lot of annoying angry nagging from fake-parents. I snapped for the first time in a while and told them to shut up. Being the furious adults they were, they secretly hired a doctor that examined me and damaged my ears. Result? Losing the ability to hear.

Of course, they were caught by yours truly. Just because I was crippled and deaf doesn't mean I was useless or dumb. However, losing my sense of hearing and being stuck inside prison hospital walls all day was slowly driving me mad. 

Made me realize just how much some people are missing in life. They take hearing and feeling for granted. I wonder just how many humans in the world actually know how precious our senses are? Above all I was cursed with lung cancer because just before my fake-parents left for prison they just had to set the hospital on fire as now mad people who completely lost there minds. 

Still, everything was the same. Black and White.

It was then I discovered anime. 

I always loved beauty. Shiny things make my senses tingle in delight. Human beauty did not attract me because all the beautiful humans I met were using there gifts in a disgraceful way or taking there appearance for granted and using it in lustful actions. Ugh. More like ugly to be honest.