Chapter 5

Kaitlyn lay in bed that night, thinking about Zac. She knew that there was nothing wrong about having feelings for Zac. That was normal. But the sneaking around part of it wasn't right at all. He was married and she knew that. More than likely those little kisses meant nothing to him even, he was just trying to make her feel better about everything going on. But she really wished that it was more. She hadn't been in a relationship for months, not since she broke up with her ex who had only wanted her for the sex. She wanted more than that out of a relationship. She wanted someone to love her unconditionally, who could be there for her whenever she needed him to be. Zac seemed to be that person, only she didn't know how he felt. She was afraid he was only trying to humor her.

Unable to sleep, she climbed out of bed and clicked on the light. She poured herself a bowl of frosted flakes, and sat at the table in the corner to munch on it quietly. Miranda was sound asleep, which she was happy for. They had seemed to work things out during their earlier talk, but right now she just wanted to be alone with her thoughts.

But someone saw the lights on and knocked softly on the door, slowly opening it to see who was up. It was Isaac. He saw Kaitlyn in the corner in her own little world, who hadn't even heard him knock apparently. She was lost in her thoughts of Zac. He entered the room quietly and closed the door behind him. " Kaitlyn, are you okay?" He asked.

She nearly jumped and spilled her bowl of cereal when he came in and put a hand on her shoulder. " Yeah. I... I just... what are you doing up?"

" I was up to use the bathroom and noticed the light was on in here." He said. " Are you sure your okay? Your crying."

She hadn't even realized she had been crying. She was just that out of it. With a sigh, she sat back down. " I can't talk about this. Not with you."

Isaac sat next to her, and wiped her tears away. " Is this about Zac? Because I have to say, I...

I have noticed the way you look at him when you think none of us are looking."

" Am I really that obvious?" She asked, throwing her arms in the air in defeat.

He nodded. " I'm afraid so, Kaitlyn. Listen, I understand how you could fall for him. He's a great guy, that little brother of mine. He's really been there for you the last few days the way any good friend would do for somebody. He's been there to comfort you and everything. But

I hope you understand he is only doing as a friend, Kaitlyn. He's happily married with a kid on the way. He's not going to come running to you just because your in need of someone right now."

She rolled her eyes at him. " Isaac, I really just want to be alone right now. Please?" She asked.

With another nod, he walked out of the room and left her to her thoughts, which went straight back to Zac. She wished it would have been him to catch the lights on, and not his brother. More than anything, she wanted to talk to him.

________________________________________________________________

The following morning, Zac woke up before Kate and he decided to let her sleep. She looked so peaceful, and he didn't want to bother her. He wanted to talk to Kaitlyn anyway about what was going on between them. So he hopped into a quick shower, and dressed in a gray shirt that said Unleash The Beast and a pair of blue jeans. Then he knocked on Kaitlyn's door, hoping she was awake.

Miranda had just gotten out of a shower herself, and wrapped in a towel she opened the door to see him. " Hey Zac." She smiled. " Come on in."

He looked at her in surprise, wishing she had some actual clothes on. " I... maybe I... I'll just come back when your dressed. Can you just... tell Kaitlyn I came by? I wanted to talk to her before we began the day today."