Chapter 12

Later that evening, Miranda once again brought back dinner. But this time she stopped at the store, thinking she would just make up something for her and her sister. When she got back to the hotel though, she saw a beat up Taylor with Kaitlyn in their room. She was surprised not just to see him, but to see how beat up he was. " What... what happened to you, Taylor?"

" Well, Zac sort of went nuts on me today. It's a long story as to why, but..."

" Something tells me it has to do with Kaitlyn and what you two did." She interrupted him. " I am actually not surprised he did that to you, although it does surprise me to see how badly he got you. You look terrible." Throwing the grocery bags onto the table, she went through them and took out the indgredients to make cajun chicken pasta along with dinner rolls. " I'm going to assume you'll be joining us for dinner?"

" Only if you don't mind. I mean, Kaitlyn did invite me to join but if you don't want me to, just say the word."

Kaitlyn gave her sister one of her pouts that usually worked when she wanted something. It was a move they pulled on each other often. " Please Miranda."

Miranda gave her a little smile. " Alright. But then you have to help me make it."

With a nod, Kaitlyn got up to help her. She went through the grocery bags herself. She noticed Miranda had gotten dessert as well, a pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream. She put that off to the side and tossed the grocery bags aside, then started to boil up the water for the pasta.

Taylor watched them as they worked together on dinner, his thoughts often drifting back to that morning. Him and his brothers hadn't even gone into the studio that day, as Isaac thought it to be a bad idea with him and Zac fighting. He knew that he was in pretty deep, but he couldn't help feeling something for Kaitlyn himself. What had started out as a one night stand had turned out to be something different for him. He felt better when he was with her. She was easy for him to talk to, and he felt like he could tell her anything. She had listened to him talk about his feelings about his divorce with Natalie, and about what would happen with his kids. Shehad listened to him, and didn't complain the way Isaac or Zac did whenever he talked about it.

" Taylor? Are you okay?" Kaitlyn asked him, snapping him back to reality.

He looked up at her, and gave her a little smile. " Yeah. I'm fine. I was just..."

" Thinking about earlier?" She asked, and he nodded. "Try not to. Zac was a complete ass to you and he had no right. He can't have both me and his wife, and that is what's pissing him off."

Miranda sadly watched as Kaitlyn give Taylor a kiss on the lips. She hated seeing them together, to watch as they grew closer. Her sister had a boyfriend back home, and here she was hanging all over Taylor. She had no one, and a son to take care of all on her own. For once she wanted a guy to look at her for who she was, and not care that she had a son. She heard the water boiling over all of a sudden, and turned around to turn the stove down a bit.

Taylor looked up at Miranda, and watched as she finished up with dinner. He could see she was kind of down herself. " Are you okay, Miranda?"

" Yeah. Just tired. Getting up early to go into the studio is a bit hard, but I know it will be worth it in the end."

He nodded. " I'm proud of you, Miranda. You've really settled down and your going after your dreams. It's great that being a mom hasn't stopped you from doing that." He smiled at her.

" I wouldn't be able to do it if I didn't have a wonderful sister." She said, smiling at Kaitlyn. " If it wasn't for her, it wouldn't be happening."

" I do my best." Kaitlyn smiled back, and went back to helping with the dinner. She drained the pasta and ran it under cool water.