Day Off (Part 2)

Grace's POV

"Alrighty," I told Liam as I was walking out of the bathroom, putting my hair in a bun. Liam didn't have a blow dryer, so I would just have to deal with my damp hair later. 

"Now what?" He asked me.

"First of all, can I have a tour of your house? My last visit was a bit of a whirlwind."

"Sure," he replied, hopping off the bed. He led me out the bedroom door and turned left, walking a couple hundred feet before stopping at the door at the end of the hall.

"Here's the study," Liam said, opening the door. On the other side was a huge room, with floor to ceiling bookshelves, a baby grand piano in the corner, and a gorgeous desk in the middle. Behind the desk was a large window, with a view of New York City. 

"Wow," I replied. I really didn't know what to say.

We turned around and Liam opened a door to the left. A massive king-size bed was the major furnishing for the guest bedroom. It also had an attached bathroom with a footed bathtub and a lot of counter space in front of the mirror. We continued back down the hallway. To our left, across from the master bedroom, there was a gigantic bathroom, with double sinks and marble countertops.

"Liam Payne, this is absolutely incredible." His penthouse was truly amazing.

"Well, thanks," he replied. Opposite the tv room was a huge home gym. There were treadmills and a whole bunch of other workout machines, and dumbells against the wall, with space to stretch or do yoga in the corner.  A huge window allowed for a lot of natural light. I took a deep breath- I would definitely prefer this to any public gym.

"I think you'll like this room the most," Liam remarked as he took my hand. We passed the home theater, and walked into the big kitchen, that had a breakfast nook and a center island for extra cooking space. To the right, the room opened into a huge living space, with tons of leather couches and chairs. Two walls were wall-to-wall glass. It was breathtaking.

I turned to Liam, who was grinning. He must have noticed my reaction.

"I'm at a loss for words. This is beautiful."

"I was hoping you'd like it. Now, how about we go grocery shopping?"

"Definitely."

****

Grace's POV

"Should we walk?" Liam asked me as we were descending in the elevator.

"Sure," I shrugged. "It's the middle of July, might as well get some exercise." In terms of being in shape, I was far from it.

"I was more of concerned about the paparazzi..."

"Oh, right. Still gotta get used to that. Eh," I said. "You'll protect me."

I could feel Liam's grip on my hand tighten. "I would never let anyone hurt you, ever."

Before I could reply, the elevator doors opened and we were walking into the lobby. Liam guided me outside, into the fresh air. We managed to get almost a block towards the supermarket before I heard the first click of a camera.

"And they've found us," Liam sighed. He had been living this lifestyle a lot longer than I had, so I could imagine he was sick of the constant attention.

We kept walking until we were inside the store. It was a little shop, a family-owned type of thing, but Liam and I weren't looking for anything other than the basics.

"Okay, I think we'll need some cereal, bread, milk, eggs, cheese, maybe some ham, mayonnaise, pretzels, chips, granola bars..." I typed out a list on my phone as I looked up at Liam.