Seraph Blade

I ran to where Luke would be and as I open the door to the diner and walk in, I see Luke sitting at a table in the back will a long box in front of him. I walked over and sat down.

"Hey, Luke." I said.

"Hey, Kylie. Happy Birthday." he said. He moved the box in front of me. "Open it and if you're confused, I'll answer all your questions." I opened the box carefully and saw a seraph blade. Beautifully crafted but I can't use it. I'm not a shadowhunter.

"I'm already confused. Explain." I said. He nodded and went on to explain making sure I was paying attention.

"Alec plans on using the mortal cup to make you a shadowhunter so you can protect yourself without having to expose your warlock side. All he needs to do is find out where the cup is and get it." Luke said. The mortal cup? But where could it possibly be?

"I thought the Clave lost the cup after the what happened with Valentine and the Angel?" Luke made a face of discomfort when Valentine was mentioned but replied anyway.

"The Clave did lose the cup but lately Clary has been able to feel it's power. Like its talking to her. Jace admits he has heard it too but hasn't said much about it. Alec wants to use what Clary feels and find out where it is." He pushed the box even closer to me and reached into his pocket for a piece of paper. "Take the blade and go. Here's your next note." he handed me the note and made me grab the blade. I looked back at him as I left the diner and he looked lost. Maybe mentioning Valentine wasn't the best idea. When I was finally outside, the warm air hit me and I realized that the diner was cold and I must have been too concerned about the blade to notice. Once I was away from the door, I opened the note.

My dearest Kylie,

Alec will need help finding the cup so it's best if you find him and help.

Your Father

I went back to the apartment and tried to find Alec.

"Papa? Where are you?" I yelled out.

"In the kitchen!" he yelled. I ran to the kitchen and found him cooking?

"Papa, what are you doing?" I said while giggling. He turned around and smiled.

"Cooking lunch. You do know what time it is, right?" he asked. I looked at the clock. 12:15. My stomach grumbled.

"I guess I'm a little hungry." I said. He smiled and handed me a plate. Pizza. Why am I am not surprised?