Tick, Tick, Tick...

Jack sat by Irene's side all night while she slept. He couldn't bare the thought of leaving her until Tom arrived that morning. When Tom walked in the room she was still asleep, "How's she doing?" Tom asked nervously.
       "She's doing alright. She slept all night."
       Tom let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God."
       Tom still looked nervous, "Tom, your baby's alright too. Congratulations."
       "Thank you," Tom said quietly finally looking completely relieved as Jack shook his hand.
       Irene opened her eyes and smiled, "Good morning," she yawned.
      Tom walked over to her bedside and kissed her forehead, "How are you feeling?"
      "Exhausted, but I'll live."
      "I'm going to go check on Pops since Tom is here."
      "Okay, Dad," Irene replied.
       Tom sat down next to Irene, "They said you'll be discharged at 11:00 this morning."
      "I think we'll head home. I need my rest."
      Tom nodded. Early in the afternoon, Irene and Tom boarded Air Force One bound for D.C. When they arrived back at the White House, Jackie was there and she was packing a bag. "Are you headed somewhere?" Irene asked.
       "I'm leaving. I can't do this anymore. I know your father has cheated on me all these years."
      "That's a lie and you know it!" Irene raised her voice, "I've watched that man fall apart twice over you threatening to leave him. He loves you! Damn it! Why can't you see that? Why can't you realize he'd die for you!" Irene shouted as Tom grabbed her around the waist.
      "Irene, I think you need to calm down."
      "I will not. You're being a bitch! I'm sorry, but you are. I don't know what your problem is, but I didn't campaign for a year for you to screw everything up! I didn't lose a baby during the Bay of Pigs disaster for you to divorce my dad!" Irene had began to cry and stormed out of the room.
       Jackie then looked at Tom, "You lost a baby?"
       "We did. Irene was so stressed out and she didn't know she was pregnant until she found out she miscarried."
       Jackie cupped a hand over her mouth and went after Irene.