Truce?

The three of them stood silent, "Dad, go after her."
"Irene," he said taking a deep breath, "I'm tired of playing this game with her. If she wants to be married to me, then she does. If not, I can't stop her from running off to Greece with Lee."
Irene hugged him tightly around his neck and he put his hands on her waist. Jack was crushed and it was obvious to both Tom and Irene. "Dad, stay in our quarters tonight. I don't want you to be alone."
"Thanks, kiddo," he said while they were still embracing, "I love you."
"Love you back."
That night when they went to bed Tom and Irene discussed the day's events. "What the hell was that?" Tom asked pulling the covers back on his side of the bed.
"I don't know, but wow..."
"I can't believe that either of them said what they said."
"I'm disgusted with her."
"Why?"
"I can see her confronting him about the lipstick, but his father just had a stroke and will never speak again. Was now really the time?"
"Not at all," Tom said quietly rolling over to kiss Irene's cheek. Just then, they heard a door slam and someone yelling. Irene jumped out of bed and ran out of their bedroom with Tom following. "Where are you going?" Jack yelled.
"You want a divorce? Fine, I'm gone!" Jackie returned.
"You won't divorce me and you know it, Jacqueline!"
"No, Kennedy. You've got this all wrong. You would be a dumb son of a bitch to divorce me, but I could absolutely divorce you."
Irene tried to interject as the bickering continued until she finally yelled, "Stop!! Stop! Stop! What the hell is the matter with you two? You have been through so much together. Are you going to give that up? Mom, trust him a little more! Dad, be a little more sensitive!"
Jack and Jackie both stood completely silent, "Well, who's going to say sorry first so we can call it a night?"
"I'm sorry, Bunny," Jackie said wrapping her arms around him in a fit of tears.
"It's okay. I'm sorry too, Kid. I love you."
"I love you too."
"Goodnight," Irene whispered as she walked back towards Tom who had been standing on the bottom step of the staircase.
"That's my girl," he laughed, "Beautiful wife by day; therapist by night."