Good News

The gloom lasted for months until one morning in mid-November. "Tom!" Irene called with excitement in her voice.
     "Irene, they're very busy," Mrs. Lincoln stated.
     "I need to see my husband. It is of the utmost urgency."
     Irene dashed past Mrs. Lincoln and ran into the Oval Office.
     "Mrs. O'Hara," Lyndon Johnson said, "We are very busy and don't have time-"
     "Put a sock in it, Lyndon," Jack snapped.
     "What's up, Irene?"
     She looked at Tom and with a grin he knew.
     "We are?"
     "Yes," she smiled.
     "What are they?" Bobby asked Jack.
     "How the hell am I supposed to know?"
     "Well, if this love-fest is over let's-"
     "Lyndon, shut the hell up," Tom said picking Irene up and kissing her.
      "Excuse me, daughter, what's happening?"
      "Dad, I'm pregnant."
      "So soon after Josie?"
      "Josie came quickly after Katie and that pregnancy was easier. Hopefully, that means the same for this baby."
      Jack stood and hugged Irene and then shook Tom's hand, "Congratulations to the both of you. I love you, kiddo," Jack said kissing Irene's cheek. Bobby stood and hugged Irene.
      "I'm so happy for you two."
      "Thank you, Uncle Bobby," Irene beamed.
      Lyndon sat quietly, "Aren't you going to congratulate my daughter?"
     "Congratulations, Irene," Lyndon said obviously frustrated.
     "Well, I better get out of your hair and go check on the kids. I'll see you guys later!"
     Irene went back into her quarters and found both Katie and Josie asleep just as she has left them. Irene sat quietly and began to scribble down baby names:
Thomas John O'Hara Jr.
Susan Mary O'Hara
Matthew Fitzgerald O'Hara
Laura Kennedy O'Hara
     After Irene was satisfied with the few names she had thought up, she put down her pen and went to go wake her children from their naps.