3: Headfirst for Halos.

A/N: more smut :^) enjoy!

~

Frank felt Gerard's body go rigid in his arms the second he uttered the name. He felt a cold sweat on his brow instantaneously and his pulse was thudding in his ears as he awaited Gerard's reaction. The phrase had come out instinctively - something that he had used with all his most recent partners and a state of mind that he just naturally fell into when with someone the way he was with Gerard right now. To be truthful, sometimes Frank forgot how taboo the title really was to most people.

"Frank?" Gerard whispered, his voice high and a little shaky, muffled as he spoke into Frank's chest.

"Yes, baby?" Frank asked, keeping his voice as steady as possible.

"Do... do you want me to call you Daddy?"

Frank's breath caught in his throat just hearing the word fall from his baby's lips. He replied in a soft voice.

"Only if you want to, sugar."

Gerard was silent for a moment, now more relaxed in Frank's arms at least, his face still buried in his stained cardigan.

"Okay," Gerard's reply was barely audible.

Frank scooted backwards an inch or two on the mattress to look down at Gee's face. His skin was a little blotchy and his lips were dry, and he looked up at Frank with wide eyes.

"Okay?" Frank didn't know what else to say.

Gee just nodded.

"Yeah... I mean, I've heard about that stuff before. We can try it if that's what you like," he shrugged and averted his eyes, curling up unto himself in a ball and shying away from Frank.

He was obviously nervous, and Frank knew he needed to fix that.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable, Gerard," Frank said, tone becoming very serious.

Gerard's eyes snapped up and he shook his head quickly.

"No, no, Frank, don't worry. Seriously."

He began to nibble on his thumb and Frank eyed him warily, both of them silent.

"I'm sorry that slipped out," Frank said tentatively.

Gee sighed and closed the distance between them again, curling his arms around Frank's neck and burying his nose into his collar.

"Frankie, I said it's okay," his tone was whiny and he gave Frank a gentle squeeze as he spoke.

Frank sighed, unsure of what to do and not wanting to push Gerard or make him any more upset than he already had. Gee's brought his bare legs up and threw a leg over Frank's jean-clad waist, hooking his foot between Frank's legs and pulling their bodies closer together. He made a happy noise.

"Don't be upset, Daddy," he murmured into Frank's neck.

Nearly choking on his own spit again, Frank swallowed hard. He wrapped his arms back around Gee and hugged him back, nodding and taking a deep breath.

"Don't worry, Gee baby, Daddy's not upset. Just a little nervous."

"Why you nervous?" Gee asked, nuzzling Frank's neck.

Carding a hand through Gerard's long, black hair, and rubbing little circles on his back with the other, Frank replied, "This isn't something I've jumped right into in the past," he explained, "Are you sure it's okay?"

Gerard leaned his head back and sighed, looking up at Frank through heavy-lidded eyes.

"Yes. Positive."