5: Drowning Lessons

A/N: u know what to expect by now lmao

~

The following month saw Belleville High's final football game of the season, and their first without their coach.

Coach Bryar had called out sick the morning of the game, and there wan't a single teacher who wanted to fill in his place, apart from the all-too-kind Mr. Iero. Frank hardly knew a thing about football, but that afternoon in the locker room, before heading out to practice, the team gave him a crash course on the sport's rules. Consequently, that evening Frank found himself standing on the sidelines as the Belleville Bulldogs prepared to head out onto the field.

Standing several yards down from him, the cheer leading squad was getting their routine ready as well. Frank's eyes floated over the bleachers, passing by the flurry of faces and wandering down to the group of girls with skirts and pom-poms, all listening closely as (who he assumed was) the cheer captain called out orders in her shrill voice.

At least, Frank thought the cheer squad was all girls, until his eyes focused on the chubby brunette who stood off to the side.

Gerard fucking Way was a cheerleader. And he was wearing a skirt.

Frank felt his mouth go dry and his heart rate increase a little as he raked his eyes over Gerard. He scratched at the back of his neck and turned his head away, desperately trying to find something to distract him.

It didn't work, and Frank found himself constantly stealing glances at his boyfriend throughout the entire game.

Rather, he was ogling Gee and so deep in thought about it that he barely paid any attention to the game at all.

Gerard's tummy was poking out of his crop top, his whole body bouncing as he jumped up and down with the pom-poms in hand. His pleated skirt only reached just above his mid-thigh, and though Frank couldn't see from a distance, he knew Gerard had applied a decent amount of makeup to go with the uniform.

To everyone's surprise, the Bulldogs ended up winning despite their lack of coaching. And now, after everyone had finished congratulating each other, Frank was waiting outside of the boy's locker room, impatient for Gerard's skirt-clad ass to saunter out the door and into his arms.

But as Frank watched the entire team exit the building, Gerard never showed. Confused and a little bit worried, he opened the door slowly and stepped inside. It reeked of sweat and way too much deodorant, but Frank was too preoccupied with his search for Gerard to care.

He found Gee just as he was getting undressed, with his back to him so that he didn't even notice Frank. He started the shower and stepped under the flowing water, his backside jiggling just a tiny bit as he moved. Frank swallowed hard and watched quietly. After a moment, he spoke up.

"Hey, Gee," Frank said with a smirk as he took a step forward.

Gerard let out a squeal and slipped as he tried to whirl around, landing on his bum with an almost-splat noise from the wet tiles.

"Frankie!" Gerard shouted in a mock-angry voice, "You scared the shit out of me."

He said the sentence in his most whiny voice, his lower lip already coming to stick out and form a pouty face. Frank had rushed forward as soon as he saw Gerard go down, but he was torn between his concern for his boyfriend and the urge to laugh at the scene.

"I'm sorry baby, Daddy didn't mean to scare you," Frank giggled, struggling to hide his smile.

Gerard's eyebrows scrunched up and his pout grew bigger, but in a second his face softened and he began to laugh as well. Frank knelt down and helped him up to his feet right away.