Worthy - Jacob Banks

Suddenly the clouds have opened up
                                                            And I'm being seen in all of my glory

         "We need more bowls, y/n!" You heard Janet yell from inside the kitchen. Quickly moving from the counter you made your way down the crowded, thin hallway stepping over empty boxes and plastic bags. At the end you found yourself in the large storage room, supplies, ranging from cooking utensils to Tupperware, stacked up the walls and overflowing on their racks. There was bound to be some more bowls back here somewhere. Trying not to trip over anything, you stepped lightly over the chaos, scanning the room desperately. "Ah, gotcha," you said to yourself when you spotted the large box in the back, a plastic bowl peaking over the edge of the cardboard. Stretching with each step, you crawled over the piles of plastic and cardboard moving closer to your target.

                                                            The time has come for fate to decide
                                                                    If a part of me is even worthy

          Once you reached the box you gently lifted it your hands lifting it up with you, blowing a strand of hair out of your face. Turning around, you took a deep breath, now to repeat your circus act once again. Once you made it out of that dreaded room you sighed with relief, you were glad that was over. Facing the hallway, you let your relief get the better of you and you felt your foot being stopped from beneath you. The box you previously had held tightly in your hands was now spilled on the ground in front of you, as your body made its way to the hard tile floor. You landed with a hard thud followed by your sharp inhale, grabbing your side. You bruised your ribs in the most obscure way possible, typical. Pulling yourself to your knees you proceed to collect your fallen plastic bowls and separate the ones that fell on their base and the ones that didn't. Guess who now had extra dish duty now...yay... As you reached for the next few bowls when you noticed a new set of hands on them. Snapping your head up you were met by a familiar smirk. "We should really stop meeting like this."

                                                                   If a part of me is even worthy
                                                              The air is warm, my heart is cold

           She was...intriguing...for the lack of a better word. And Snart just had to know why, he couldn't explain it, but he really really didn't like knowing. It only took one look into her Facebook page to find out where he could find her. She really should be more cautious with that, who knows what kinds of criminals could find her, Snart thought to himself. Leaving his parka behind, he settled for a simple jacket and a pair of sunglasses, he didn't need to draw any suspicion to himself at the moment. At least not yet... Walking down the damp streets of Star City he was able to reach his destination within 5 minutes, how convenient. He entered the soup kitchen to find it relatively full, homeless men and women sipping broth from their bowls. Star City has it's problems, but not all can be solved by putting on a red suit. Passing the many tables aligned throughout the room, Snart made his way to the front counter, taking a seat on one of the rubber stools.

                                                              And I'll never know how it feels
                                                                       To have a heart of gold

              "What can I getcha, honey?" An older woman asked from the counter, a look of kindness permanently etched on her face. "Oh I was just popping in, don't mind me," Snart replied, crossing his arms and resting them on the counter in front of him. He glanced around the room, watching the men and women enjoying their free meal. To think, this could've been him if he weren't so good at stealing things. Just as he was starting to relax he noticed a familiar figure make their way down the small hallway. There she was, not tied up, and not scared this time. She had her hair messily tied into a bun and an apron tied around her waist, she looked natural and at peace. But this peace was abruptly interrupted when she slammed down against the tile. Snart felt his body quickly jump when he saw her hit the ground before stopping himself. Probably just a reflex, he thought to himself, quickly dismissing his previous action. Walking towards you, he kneeled and picked up a few of your fallen before you noticed him. You felt your face turn even redder when you saw his familiar face.

                                                                       I feel worthy somehow
                                                     Please, I don't want to go down, down

           "I didn't tell anyone. But if you're here to kill me, I suggest you make it quick, I have my break in 5," you said, pulling the box of bowls away from him. Noticing his face, graced with humor, caused you to scrunch up your face in annoyance, only causing him to smirk more. "Oh really, do you think I would really come to a public place to kill you? Y/n, you disappoint me," he said, following you down the hallway as you carried your box. You disappeared into the kitchen and didn't return for a few moments, so Snart decided to get comfortable. Sitting at his stool again he rested his arms on the counter before seeing you walk towards him. "Alright, I'll bite. What do you want?" You said, showing that you were in no mood for games.

                                                         And I'm standing here, begging you
                                                   Please take pity on me, take pity on me

             "Ooo, so quick to judgement. I don't "want" anything in particular, just answers," Snart said, not breaking eye contact from you. "Sorry, I have to get back to work. Guess you're not getting what you want for once," you said, taking the bowl from the seat next to him. He watched your hand grab the dish before glaring up at you from under his eyebrows. "Sorry, but I always get what I want. So, how about a drink tonight, maybe that'll give you some persuasion?" He asked, looking at you with curious eyes. "First you tie me to a chair and threaten me, and now you want to buy me a drink? You can probably see why I'm suspicious," you said, placing the bowl in a slot behind you. "That was a simple precaution, you could've been some kind of criminal for all we knew," Snart said, smirking at his attempt as a joke. You just nodded in sarcastic agreement, rolling your eyes. "All I ask is an hour to answer my questions, and then I'll be out of your hair," he said, squinting his eyes. You said nothing, just continued to pick up dishes from the counter. You only heard a sigh from the man through the clanking of dishes. "Fine, I'll buy you two drinks," he said reluctantly. "Now you're talking, iceman."