17 ♡

Teyana -

I laid in my bed, looking up at the ceiling. I don't know what I'm gonna do about Quan. He's becoming so protective, acting like this baby is his. I rolled my eyes and decided to call his ass because I know he'd flip if I didn't.

"Bae, I'm sorry." Was the first thing that came out his mouth.

"Are you really, Quan ?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

"Yeah, of course I am. I didn't want the whole school to know about our baby just yet."

I smacked my lips.

"Quan, that isn't the problem this is the problem."

"What ? This relationship ?"

"No, the fact that you are claiming my baby. The father is Khalil, not you Quan."

"Okay, but its obvious Khalil don't want nothing to do with the baby ?"

"Actually, Quan he does. Just because he has a girlfriend, don't mean shit. I don't care." I rolled my eyes.

"He focused on his girlfriend, not yo' baby."

I sighed, rolling my eyes & held my phone between my shoulder and ear.

"You don't know that."

"Babe, I'm tryna help you. Lose your attitude."

"I have a fuckin' attitude because you're tryna tell me about my baby & the father. Just shut up." I raised my voice..

"You know what, fuck it I'ma call you tomorrow."

"Nah, your gonna talk to -" CLICK.

I threw my phone across the room and covered my face. I can't believe this nigga actually hung up on me.

"Baby, how you feeling ?" My mom said walking into the room.

"I'm fine. The baby's fine, everything's good." I turned over.

"Are you sure ? Because stress is not good for your baby."

"I know, Mom. Just go."

I heard her sigh & then the door close. I rubbed my tiny ass stomach and thought about Khalil. They say whoever you think about most is who the baby will look like. The door opened again & I sighed loud.

"Mom, I told you, I-," I looked up and saw Khalil, "what you doing here ?" I asked.

"I came to check on my baby." He smiled.

"Awwh, that's nice." I patted the bed, motioning for him to lay down next to me.

"You three months today ain't you ?" He asked.

"Yes, exactly 3." I smiled, wrapping my arms around him.

"How you feeling about having this baby ?" He rested his head on mine.

"Its bittersweet." I licked my lips.

"What you mean ?"

"Well, Quan literally acts like this is his baby, he asks me why I need to talk to you & he says that you care more about Tameka than our baby."

Khalil smacked his lips and moved my chin so I was looking in his eyes.

"I've lost two children & I'm only 17. Nothing is more important to me than my children. Don't let that nigga get in your head, you hear me ?" He stared into my eyes. He started to tear up a littke.

"I hear you, Khalil. I know you care." I wiped the one tear that fell from his eye.

"That shit piss me off, man. I'm not tryna be soft, but I lost my first and only daughter & I feel like its my fault. So for some nigga to say Ion give a shit about my babies fucks with my mind for real." He raised his voice as more tears fell from his eyes.

"Khalil, nothin's your fault. I promise.. You can't hold onto this pain." I wiped his tears.

It's so hard being comforting when I never even knew about him having a daughter.

"I never told anyone about my daughter. I should've told the world about her. Mane she was beautiful. Look," He pulled out his phone and went to his gallery. He went to a picture of a little girl. She had black curly hair & bright green eyes. Her arms were wrapped around Khalil's neck & he was kissing her cheek. I looked up at him and smiled. "If I had more money, she could still be here today. I tried payin' for all the Chemo but I never had enough... never had enough." He shook his head.

"Khalil, she was beautiful.. I bet she's so proud of her daddy. She knows you tried, Khalil. Everyone is proud of you, stop doing this to yourself."

"I'm sorry." He mumbled, laying his head back, covering it with a pillow. "I'm lucky to have you as my baby's mother."

He said.

"I'm lucky to have you as my baby's father, I wouldn't choose anyone else." I laid my head on his chest. He kissed my forehead and held me tight.

"How would it make you feel if Tameka was around our baby ? Like holding it, acting like a step-mother figure." He asked.

"Khalil, that's your girlfriend. I want to make up with her before having her around my baby though."

"Deal."

I smiled and got comfortable, laying my head on his chest.

"Fuck is this ?!" I heard a voice yell.

I popped up and saw Quan standing over me.

"Quan it's not what you think." I exclaimed.

"Okay, you in a tank top and underwear, hugged up with this nigga, what I'm supposed to think."

"Quan it's nothing !" I yelled, covering my face.

"Shut up & you, get yo punk ass up." He said hitting Khalil in the chest.

"Nigga, the fuck ?" Khalil yelled.

"Get up." Quan yelled louder.

Next thing I know, Khalil grabs Quan by his neck & throws him over my bed frame. Khalil jumped out the bed and began pounding him in the face.

"Khalil ! Stop !" I yelled, trying to grab him.

"Don't you ever bring my child up, bitch ass." Khalil yelled, kicking Quan in the face.

"Stop ! STOP !" I yelled.

At that point I got on the floor & laid on Quan, so that Khalil would stop.

"You gon' defend his ass ?" Khalil yelled.

"Khalil, if I don't you're gonna kill him !"

"You better watch your back, don't let me catch yo ass in the streets, cause that will be yo ass." Khalil spit on him then walked out the room.

I got off Quan with tears streaming down my cheeks. He stood up wiping blood off his face.

"Fuck you, Teyana. You got too much shit goin' on for me. It's over." Quan said then walked out my room, slamming the door.

I climbed in my bed, curling into a ball crying hard. I already felt like I had to choose, but now its been done for me.