50

Teyana -

I sat on the couch waiting for Khalil to finally come back home. I'm so excited to see him, it's been a few months since he's been away at school.

"Carterrrrr." I played with the babies fingers.

Khalil hasn't held the baby in 6 months, Carter's almost 7 1/2 months old already. He algiggled then started to pull at my lip. I watched Jerry Springer, while talking to Carter at the same time until I heard the doorbell ring.

"Is that your papa?" I smiled big & got up, once I got downstairs and opened the door it was Lauren.

"Oh. Hello." I said dryly.

"Hey, I brought Sariah and some food over, Khalil comes home today right ?"

"Uh yeah, but you can't just invite yourself over."

"This is my child's fathers house I'm pretty sure I'm allowed."

She brushed past me holding Sariah.

"Bubba !" She smiled big, waving. I smiled at Sariah, she's my stepdaughter so I'm going to ignore what her mother just did and stay in my character.

Just as I was about to close the door I saw a black Range Rover pull up. Julissa came out the car & Josiah was right next to her holding her hand.

"TT!" He yelled running over to me, then jumping on me.

"Woah." I laughed catching him.

"Hey." Julissa said.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Julian comes tomorrow so I decided I'd come now."

"Oh okay." I said, with a smaller smile now.

I was hoping Khalil's homecoming would be a little more intimate, with me, him and the baby. I guess he'll be glad to see all his kiss though. His son turned 4 while he was gone. I walked into the kitchen & of course Lauren is in there.

"What are you doing in my kitchen?"

"Setting up, I got greens, macaroni, chicken, corn, hamburgers, hot dogs, po-"

"How did you make all this?"

"Not only black people can cook, Teyana."

"Whatever." I shook my head.

Sariah smiled at me, she's starting to grow teeth.

"Hi baby." I smiled, reaching to pick her up.

"Don't touch my child." Lauren said.

"Excuse you?"

"All this time I've been trying to help you and Khalil and you've been so nasty to me, I brought all of this food out here and I can't get a little thank you? You need to move on. Until then, you and Khalil can stay away from my baby."

"So you're not going to let her see her papi ?" Julissa asked.

"My daughter doesn't need to be in a hostile environment." Lauren said, grabbing her bags, "you can keep the food, I brought it for Khalil and the kids." She said walking out, holding Sariah.

"Don't come back."

Khalil's POV-

"Woah, woah, woah, where you going?" I said, hopping out the car only to see Lauren holding my baby, crying.

"Home, Khalil."

"Why ?" I grabbed Sariah and started kissing her face.

"Daddy missed you." I played in her hair.