Nothing is as it Seems(Host Club x reader)

(a/n: there is also implied Tamaki x Haruhi. Yes I do ship them sometimes.)

"Your impulsiveness overwhelms my accounting skills."

The words bounced around in Tamaki's head for weeks after Kyoya said it. Tamaki was beginning to realize that maybe the Host Club was going to need more money if it was going to continue. The question was how could the Host Club make more money? Tamaki sought an answer for days before he finally came up with one.

*After the Host Club the next day*

"Gather 'round, men! I have come up with a brilliant idea to make more money for our club!" The other hosts looked at their president. "What is it, Boss?" the Hitachiin twins asked in unison. Tamaki gave a little chuckle and, with an elaborate gesture, cried, "We shall recruit hostesses!" Silence. "No offense Senpai, but I don't know if I'd call that brilliant," Haruhi said. Tamaki immediately retreated to his corner. Kyoya thought for a moment then began typing on his computer again while everyone else went back to what they were doing.

A few minutes later, Kyoya spoke up. "Actually, considering the male population at this school, recruiting hostesses would bring in a substantial amount of funds for the club. However, I do believe we should begin with one hostess, to test the theory of course." With Kyoya's blessing, the rest of the hosts jumped on board. "We know the perfect recruit," Hikaru said, sharing a glance with his twin. They quickly skipped out of the room in search of their prey.

The twins returned soon after, dragging a young woman behind them. The other hosts took in her (h/l)(h/c) hair and (e/c) orbs. She was undeniably beautiful. "Why am I here again?" Tamaki quickly got up and made his way over to the girl. "Welcome, Princess. I'm Tamaki Suoh." She quirked an eyebrow. "The chairman's capricious son," she stated matter-of-factly causing Tamaki to once again crawl to his little corner.

Hikaru elbowed the girl who immediately walked over to the distraught blonde. "I'm sorry, Tamaki-Senpai. I'm just not used to boys fawning over me and calling me 'princess.' Please forgive me?" she asked, batting her eyelashes. Kaoru smirked at his brother as they watched the scene unfold. Tamaki looked up at the (h/c) female and flashed a bright smile. "But of course, Princess." She returned the smile and twirled her hair around her fingers. "I'm Y/N."

"Who is she, Kyo-chan?" Honey asked, knowing that Kyoya had information on everyone attending Ouran. " That is (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N), daughter of the president of a major electronics company. She's a first year in the same class as Haruhi and the twins. She makes very good grades and is active in the drama department." By this time, the other hosts had gathered around him and were watching as Y/N and Tamaki were flirting back and forth. "What type do you think she is, Kyo-chan?" Kyoya laughed like he knew something they didn't and said, "The Coy Type."

*time skip because Usa-chan needed a nap*

Y/N definitely fit "The Coy Type." She was a natural flirt, but it wasn't obvious to the boys. It was almost a game to her sometimes, at least that's how she acted. It made the boys crazy because they were all competing for her attention. Outside of the Host Club, Y/N was completely different. She would only flirt with one person. Tamaki. He seemed to be the only one who didn't appreciate her advances. She was determined to get him. Or at least that's how it seemed.

One afternoon, once the Host Club had closed for business, Y/N tried again with Tamaki. She sat close to him on the sofa, practically in his lap and whispered something in his ear. Tamaki instantly stopped smiling and stood. "Y/N! I'm sorry, but I simply don't feel that way about you." Y/N's lip started to quiver and she squeaked out, "But, why?" The other hosts were on the edge of their seats when Tamaki said the words everyone had been waiting for. "Because...I feel that way for someone else." Y/N's lips upturned into a smile. "Then go tell them," she whispered, standing.

Tamaki's purple eyes went wide as he stared at her. "But...she's my precious daughter," he whispered so no one except Y/N could hear. "She's isn't, Tamaki-Senpai and that's okay. You need to tell her." Tamaki pulled her into a hug and then left her standing there. The twins approached her and she high-fived them both. "Told you it would work, boys," Y/N commented with a smug smile. Honey and Mori stared at her wide-eyed. "Wait, you were just pretending Y/N/N-chan?" She nodded. "Of course," the twins answered.

"We were tired of the boss not admitting his feelings for Haruhi," Kaoru began. "So we cooked up this little act with Y/N," Hikaru finished. "I was to flirt with him so much that he'd have to realize that how he really feels about her and make a move," Y/N declared. The twins, Honey and Mori all began clapping as Y/N took a dramatic bow. "I told you two I was that good of an actor," she said with a laugh.

The twins slid closer to her. "Yes, you sure told us," Hikaru said. "So why don't you let us take you on a date?" Kaoru asked. Y/N backed away and said. "Sorry, boys. I'm taken." The twins exchanged a look and then began to pout. "You are? By who?" She smiled as she felt an arm snake around her waist. "Why, by me of course," came the smooth, calm voice of Kyoya Ootori. Y/N kissed his cheek and the two left the room. "I can't believe it. She played us," Kaoru remarked, his jaw dropping. "Looks like the Shadow King has found his Queen."