Lonely(Kyoya Ootori x depressed!reader)

(Warnings: mentions of depression!)

Kyoya felt a frown tug at his lips when he noticed that you weren't in class yet again. It was the third day in a row and that wasn't like you. You hated missing school, even when you were sick, so Kyoya was a little worried. Not that he'd ever admit it. Still, he decided that he would take your assignments to you.

After club activities, Kyoya had his driver take him to your home. It was a small place, but Kyoya expected that. You lived alone since your parents were working overseas. He knocked on your door, but got no response. Frowning, Kyoya tried again. This time the door swung open.

Kyoya stared in shock at your appearance. Your eyes were puffy and had dark rings under them, as if you hadn't slept in days. Your hair was stringy from not being washed and your clothing looked wrinkled and unkempt. "Y/N?"

"What do you want, Kyoya?" you asked, not bothering to hide your annoyance. Kyoya produced your assignments from his bag. "I brought these for you. May I come in?" You bit your lip, debating on whether or not you should let him. He was wearing that smile of his, the one that wasn't really giving you much choice and you knew that he'd probably find a way in anyway. So, you stepped aside to let Kyoya into your home.

The youngest Ootori let his eyes wander over the dark space. The television was playing softly, but other than that, there was very little light. The lights were all turned off and the blinds closed. "Are you ill, Y/N?" Kyoya asked, turning his head to look at you and you shook your head.

Clearing your throat, you tried to change the subject and offered to get him something to drink. Kyoya agreed and followed you into the kitchen. Kyoya fought back a relieved sigh. At least the place was clean. A bottle on the counter caught Kyoya's attention. It only took a brief glance at the label to tell that the pills were antidepressants. You brought a glass of water to him and he thanked you. After taking a sip, Kyoya nonchalantly asked, "Have you been taking your medication, Y/N?"

You froze on the spot, your gaze traveling to the bottle you'd left out. You couldn't help the anger bubbling in your chest. "That's none of your business, Kyoya," you ground out through clenched teeth. Kyoya set his drink down and pushed his glasses up on his nose. "It is my business when it interferes with your schooling. My family promised your parents that we would look after you. Now, I'll ask again, have you been taking your medication."

You sighed. You looked down at your feet and replied, "I don't want them, Kyoya. I don't like the way they make me feel. I don't like walking around like a zombie, void of all emotion." You looked back up at him. Kyoya could see tears in your eyes. "I hate this! There are days when I'm fine, but when I'm not, I'm really not. It's almost crippling." Your voice grew softer as you spoke. "What did your doctor say?" Sniffling, you replied, "He said I could stop the meds if I really felt that way, but I needed to find some other way to cope."

Kyoya had studied the effects of depression so he had an idea of what it entailed. However, he had no idea how to help you. If you weren't going to take your meds, there had to be something else. "Do you know what set you off this time? There may be something we can work with." You shrugged. "I'm not entirely sure. I know that I was fine one day and the next, I woke up and didn't want to get out of bed. I didn't see the point since I was the only one here. I'm lonely, Kyoya."

He looked at you in surprise. You had never let on that you missed your family that much. "Do you have anyone that could stay with you? Or someone that could come join you when you feel this way?" You shook your head. "No." Kyoya nodded again. He now knew what to do. "Yes you do. The other hosts and I can be that for you. I'm certain Tamaki will have no doubts about it."

You tried to smile, but it wouldn't come. "Thanks, Kyoya. But I really don't want to put anyone out." Kyoya waved his hand in a gesture of dismissal."Nonsense. You need help, Y/N and we have the means to help. Why don't we give it a try and see how it goes?" You nodded, knowing it was pointless to argue with him. "Good. Now the first thing you need to do is go shower," he ordered, his eyes flicking up to your hair. You looked down at the floor sheepishly. "Go on. I will call the Host Club and inform them.They were all worried about you." You turned and made your way to the bathroom. The feeling of gratitude in your chest was something you hadn't felt in a long time. Maybe now you wouldn't be so lonely. 

(a/n: By no means am I telling you not to take your medication if you need it! Please don't stop taking your medication without talking to your doctor!!)