Soap (Hikaru Hitachiin x reader)

(a/n: Songfic based on "Soap" by Melanie Martinez)

Think I just remembered something
I think I left the faucet running
Now my words are filling up the tub
Darling, you're just soaking in it
But I know you'll get out the minute
You notice all your fingers pruning up

I'm tired of being careful, tiptoe, trying to keep the water warm
Let me under your skin
Uh-oh, there it goes, I said too much, it overflowed
Why do I always spill?

I feel it coming out my throat
Guess I better wash my mouth out with soap
God, I wish I never spoke
Now I gotta wash my mouth out with soap

I feel it coming out my throat
Guess I better wash my mouth out with soap
God, I wish I never spoke
Now I gotta wash my mouth out with soap

Your eyes widened as soon as the words left your mouth. You'd just told Hikaru that you loved him. You'd never said those words before. To anyone. And to make matters worse, Hikaru just sat there staring at you. "You know what. I just remembered that I have something to do today. I'll see you later!" you said, fighting back tears as you grabbed your jacket and ran from Hikaru's apartment. You cursed yourself all the way back to your place. You were certain you just ruined everything you'd ever had with the Hitachiin boy.

Think I got myself in trouble
So I fill the bath with bubbles
Then I'll put the towels all away
Should've never said the word "love"
Threw a toaster in the bathtub
I'm sick of all the games I have to play

I'm tired of being careful, tiptoe, trying to keep the water warm
Let me under your skin
Uh-oh, there it goes, I said too much, it overflowed
Why do I always spill?

I feel it coming out my throat
Guess I better wash my mouth out with soap
God, I wish I never spoke
Now I gotta wash my mouth out with soap

You weren't in your own apartment for twenty minutes before you heard frantic knocking at your door. You opened it slowly to find a panting Hikaru. "Did-did you run here? What the hell, Hikaru? You have a car." He took a minute to catch his breath before answering. "Yeah, yeah. Don't care. Did you mean it?" Your heart stopped. "Oh. Look, let's just forget it. I'm just over tired and I'm saying things."

You were babbling and making it worse, but the words just wouldn't stop flowing. Inside, you were cringing and scolding yourself. Hikaru just listened as you continued on and on about how it was a slip up and that you should both just forget you said anything. His lips twitched in amusement and you could tell he was trying not to laugh at you. "Y/N? Shut up."

You closed you mouth and glared at him. "Seriously? Now you tell me to stop?" You shook your head. He crossed the room and cupped your face in his hands. He leaned in slightly and whispered, "You didn't answer my question, Y/N. Did. You. Mean. It?" You looked into his amber eyes and nodded. There was no excuse now. No going back. As his expression started to change again, you just knew you were done for.

To your surprise, Hikaru chuckled and gently pressed his lips to yours. "Good." For a minute you were silent, but then you stuttered out, "B-but...when I said it, you just looked at me like I'd grown a third eye." He kissed the tip of your nose. "You surprised me is all. No one's ever said that to me before." You wrapped your arms around him and squeezed lightly. "I do though. I love you." His smile lit up the room. "I love you too. Now,how about you put that mouth to good use and kiss me?" You laughed and did as he asked. Maybe it was a good thing you spilled.