FIVE

YULE BALL?

If it wasn't enough that Vanessa had a slight crush on Fred, her life at Hogwarts was going to be so much harder. Since the tournament was being hosted, Hogwarts had to also host a dance, the Yule Ball. Vanessa had always loved to dance and dress up as a princess when she was younger, and she even joined a muggle dance class, but the worst part of every dance, or ball, was getting a date. Now, don't get her wrong, she was a very pretty girl, but she had just gotten out of a relationship, so she wasn't sure how to approach this.

Vanessa watched as Professor McGonagall spoke. Her thoughts blocked out the sound, but that had changed when she actually got a dirty glare from McGonagall. Vanessa immediately straightened her posture, nodding with fake enthusiasm at everything she said. She sighed when she turned back to speak to everyone. "The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries."She gave some of the guys hard glances. " I will not have you, in one night, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons!" Vanessa stifled a giggle at the phrase, covering her mouth subtly,  avoiding McGonagall's gaze. She looked up at Fred and George, who were repeating it over and over again. She glanced at Hermione, who, opposite of the twins, was paying attention and not joking around. Typical.

McGonagall glanced around the boys' side, looking for her next unwilling victim, as she came across Ron, whispering something to his friends. "Ah, Mr. Weasley!" She said. Ron's eyes widened, becoming 10 times their normal size. She motioned him up there with a chilling look on her face. His ears became as red as his hair. Vanessa already knew his brothers well enough to know this wasn't going to go away anytime soon. He stood up in front of her, holding his breath. "Now, place your right hand on my waist, Mr. Weasley?"

He gulped," Where?" Vanessa could not help but laugh a little. She felt pity for him, but he was quite the idiot occasionally. Especially if everything Hermione told her was true.

"My waist," she stated firmly. McGonagall started to instruct him once more, going slowly to make sure everyone had the hang of it. "Now, everyone stand up and find a partner." The girls all stood up, excited looks on their face, but only one or two boys stood up hesitantly. Vanessa rolled her eyes, feeling slightly ashamed in all of these boys who wouldn't confront these girls, so she walked over to a random fourth year student she had never seen.

"Hello," she smiled, causing him to get a bit nervous. She was older than him and was considered very pretty, causing him to feel slightly giddy and nervous. "Dance with me?" He nodded, standing up and placing his right hand on her hip. " I'm Vanessa."

"I'm, uh, James," he muttered. "Sorry, I get nervous around pretty girls." Vanessa smiled, feeling very happy. Someone had taught this kid respect and how not to just look at a lady's boobs. They danced for a few minutes, James looking at his feet, afraid to mess up, Vanessa reassuring him if he did.

"Sorry," the familiar voice interrupted," May I have the dance?" James nodded and walked away. Fred grinned.

"Oh, hello there, Nessie," He laughed," Prince Charming is here. I know, you're so excited."

"Oh, yes, Fred," she said sarcastically, placing a hand on her heart. "You've saved me from all my troubles!"

"Now, the story says you owe me a kiss." He pointed to his lips, blinking his brown eyes slowly, waiting for a kiss. Vanessa jokingly puckered her lips before they were met with his hand. "Sorry, Nessie. Your lips have touched the lips of a Slytherin. That's just disgusting."

"You prick!" Vanessa scoffed. " My lips would only touch the lips of George, anyways, the better looking twin." Vanessa crossed her arms and looked away. Fred looked taken aback.

"Well, that's not what George told me earlier!" He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes. "Why don't you go dance with him then. I'm going to go find Angelina." He stormed off, but that didn't stop Vanessa from shooting figurative lasers into his back. She huffed, turning away to actually find George. All to find out what he had said and why Fred was being such a git.

After a minute of searching, she found George dancing with one of his friends that she had yet to learn the names of. "George!" she groaned. "Come here." She could tell he knew what this was about with the smirk on his face.

"Are you and Fred together now? Did the plan work?" He asked, mumbling something to his friend before beginning to talk to her.

"No, but how did you find out?" She tapped her foot excessively, a habit she had when she got angry.

"Oh," he scratched the back of his head. "Well, Maya told me before we had to meet here. I mean, I know Fred likes Angelina, but I also felt like he liked you, too. Ever since you guys had these long conversations again, it felt like something clicked, and I know my brother. I felt it between you guys, but sometimes, I'll be honest, he's an arse."

"George, still the kid who can't shut his damn mouth," she shook her head. " Well, I should be mad, but I know your heart was in the right place. Whatever. Just don't give that cheeky grin at the moment, it reminds me too much of your damn brother that I want to strangle right now. Fuck you and your brother with the stupid red hair, freckles, cuteness, and grin."

George laughed," Why don't you like me then?"

"Well, you are just not my type. Sorry bout that," she winked, about to go away. She stopped," You know, Georgie. I think your Maya's type."