Puppies

Aphmau pressed her face to the glass, staring into the pet shop. Dogs cocked their heads and looked up at her, and she squealed.

"Garroth!" She motioned for her fiancé to come up to her. "Look at all the puppies!"

"Aw." He laughed. "Wanna go look at them?"

"Yes!" She squealed, removing her face from the window. She grabbed his hand and dragged him into the doors.

They walked in. Aphmau began squealing, running up to a pen of puppies.

She instantly saw one she loved. It was a small, black and white husky with bright blue eyes.

"Oh my Irene." She whispered. "Garroth. Garroth. Garroth."

"Yes, my love?" He asked, intertwining his fingers with hers.

"Look at this cutie!" She squealed again. "He's so cute!"

"Actually, it's a she." She spun around to see a blonde haired employee. "Oh my gosh! Sorry, was that rude?"

"It's fine. Thank you for telling me!" Aphmau smiled to her.

"No problem."

Aphmau turned back to Garroth, smiling. "Garroth, we have to get her. Our house is so empty without anything but us in it!"

"Maybe." He said, staring at the small husky. "She's cute, though."

"Adorable!" She smiled. "And I have the perfect name for her and everything!"

"Really?" He looked at her. "What is it?"

"Celeste!" She said, smiling even wider. "Isn't it perfect?"

"Not as perfect as you." He pecked her cheek, smiling back at her.

"We're in public." She rolled her eyes dramatically. "But thank you, Garroth."

"It's what I do, Princess."

"So.." She bit her lip. "Can the Princess get her puppy?"

"Maybe." He smiled at her again.

"We can't just stand here!" She exclaimed, turning to face him. "We have to get her!"

"Okay, okay, sheesh." He laughed. "Come on."

They walked up to the front counter, waiting patiently till the same worker with the blonde hair.

"Oh! Sorry. What can I do for you?"

"We're interested in that little husky over there." He said, then narrowed his eyes at her. "Azura?"

"Yes-- Oh my Irene!" She gasped. "Garroth! Is that you?"

"Yeah!" He smiled. "It's been forever!"

Aphmau sighed, listening to her fiancé chatter with some other girl. She placed her chin on her hand.

   "So.. Are you married?" Azura asked, twirling her hair.

   "No." He shook his head. "Aphmau and I are actually en--"

   "Oh, what a shame!" She batted her eyelashes, cutting him off. "Say, how about you and I go out sometime?"

   Aphmau choked on her own spit, pulling her hand away from Garroth's. "You know what, actually? I'll be outside."

   "Aphmau, wait--" Garroth tried to reach out to her, but she squirmed away and walked out the door.

   She walked a little bit down the street, finding a small ledge to sit on. She sighed and stared at her feet, trying not to cry.

   She took out her phone and decided to look through photos. She had nothing better to do, anyways.

  After about 15 minutes, she heard nails scratching on cement, making her look up. The small husky, Celeste, bounded up to her, jumping onto her lap. Aphmau gasped, pulling the dog into her arms.

   "Sorry it took so long." Garroth's familiar voice followed the husky. "I think I may have gotten Azura fired."

   She looked up to see her fiancé standing there, his hands in his pockets. He always did that when he was nervous.

   "I'm sorry." He shook his head. "I should've just ignored her."

   Aphmau didn't say anything. She set the small dog on the ground, holding onto her leash and walked up to him, wrapping her arms around him.

   "Just promise me that you're mine." She asked, smiling.

   "I promise." He kissed the top of your head. "Now, let's get Celeste back to her new home."