The Monster Beside Me.

Crying, she quickly spun around and raced down the abandoned school corridor. She heard his shouts, but she didn't listen. Slipping into a random room she tried to be quiet. When she heard footsteps race by the door, she let the tears carve rivers down her cold, pale cheeks.

 When she heard footsteps race by the door, she let the tears carve rivers down her cold, pale cheeks

"I'm a monster. A monster. A monster." She sobbed and let her emotions take over. A strong part of her wanted to run into and fling herself into his arms. She wanted him to protect her. She wanted him to tell her everything was going to be okay. She wanted to be near him. But, she couldn't. Not after what she had done. She could never go back to him now.

The footsteps returned, slower now, but still with a hurried pace. It was him. She quickly tried to cover her mouth to disguise the sound. He, however, heard her and flung the door open.

"Hana! I found you!" SHe trembled and backed away, tears still streaming down her delicate face.

"Please. S-stay away. I don't want to hurt you." Despite her warning he came closer.

"Hurt me? How could you hurt me? You could never do anything to hurt me."

"I'm a monster! I-I hurt her and I might hurt you too! Please, just stay away. I'm a monster." Her voice went from a yell to a quiet whisper.

"If you were truly a monster you wouldn't be crying about what you did." He came closer to her still.

"That doesn't change the fact that what I did was monstrous." She backed up until she was against the wall.

"You didn't mean to. It's going to be okay."

"No! No, it's not. I killed her! It won't be okay." He enveloped her shaking form in a hug. She tried to push away, but eventually gave up and cried into his chest.

"Shhh. It's alright. I'm here now. It's okay." He whispered into her hair. She shook her head but didn't argue. 

"What if I hurt you?" She was on the verge of collapsing. 

"You won't. I love you."

"I've loved you for a very long time. But, you can't love a monster like me."

"Stop that. You're no monster." Suddenly, her hair changed from a deep brown to a bright pink. Her eyes changed from a sparkling blue to a shimmering red.

"She might not be. But, I am."

The next day, the cops found three dead bodies in an abandoned school. The monster they were searching for was beside them the whole time.