Chapter 1

"Emma, you're pregnant." The nurse gently said a second time.

"I think she needs a minute." Luke told her.

The nurse nodded and walked out of the room shutting the door behind her.

"Emma what are you thinking?" Luke asked taking my hand.

"I-I can't be pregnant." I answered bursting into tears. "I don't want to have one of those bastards babies. What if everytime I look at the kid all I can think about is whoever the father is."

"Hey, just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you have to keep it." Luke said.

---- 5 Years Later ----

"You are doing really well Emma, are you sure you want to keep coming every week? We could move you down to every other or once a month if you'd prefer."

"I know Dr. Cooper, I just don't feel like I want to do anything less yet. Just talking helps" I answered.

"Ok that's is fine, so how is your husband doing these days?"

"Luke is really good, he is really enjoying his job as a detective, I think he still feels guilty for not getting help for me sooner. I think he thinks by helping others he can make it up to himself."

"That's understandable, does he know you don't blame him?"

"He knows I don't, but he blames himself."

"And I know this is a touchy subject for you but it's been 5 years today since you gave your babies up for adoption. How are you feeling about that?"

"I know I did the right thing giving them up, neither me or Luke would have been ready or able, mentally or financially to take care of them. It's hard not knowing who their parents are, but I'm thankful they send me a photo of them through the hospital every year, I got this years picture of Braxton, but Karlie's still isn't here."

"That is nice of them, they were adopted by different families right?"

"That's Right, I hoped one family could take both but the neither of the couples I liked were able to. But at least two families are able have the child they wanted."

"That's very mature of you. Do you and Luke want children one day?"

"Maybe one day, but not yet. They still haven't been able to locate Blake and Gabriel and honestly that kind of worries me, I don't want to throw a kid into that."

"Well I hope you get the picture of Karlie soon, we are done for today, but I'll see you next week, ok?"

"Thanks Dr. Cooper, see you next time" I said waving goodbye.