Chapter 14

"This property is huge, If there wasn't a nice fence around it I would just assume it was open land, What makes you think they may be here?" Detective Fields asked.

"When I contacted the local police, they said about six weeks ago they had a few witnesses that were driving by report a small helicopter that was flying lower than it should have been. We're out of any other leads so I got permission from the captain to check it out." Luke answered.

"I hope we find her this time." Alison said with a look of sympathy in her eyes.

"Me too."

---------------

"Mark, Let's do this!" Ivy yelled excitedly.

Mark unstrapped me from the wheel and walked over to Ivy. I climbed off and took a step forward immediately falling to the ground. The room was spinning so much I didn't even see Mark walk back over to me. I felt his arm slip under me, he lifted my limp body of the ground and walked back over the where Ivy was standing.

He set me back down sitting me against all wall. Then I heard a clicking noise and realized exactly where I was.

---------------

"Holy shit" Luke said shocked.

"What?" Detective Fields asked confused.

"That's my house." Luke said pointing at the ground below us. "I mean it's not my house, but it is.. It looks exactly the way I remember the home I grew up in."

-------------

"Stop!" I yelled as water began rising around me. "You can't do this, please at least wait until the room stops spinning." I said trying to stand with no success.

"Ya right, remember what happened the first time we let you rest? Plus it's way more entertaining this way." Mark laughed.

"I remember you telling me once you were a swimmer in high school." Ivy said "let's see just how long you can hold your breath."

The water was filling fast and I was soon running out of air. As I took my last breath I concentrated on counting the seconds until it was over. After 30 seconds the water emptied halfway. I took a deep breath in gasping for air.

"That was pretty good. Now we know you can hold your breath for the average amount of time most people can" Ivy said. "Let's double that." She finished pressing a button causing the tube the start filling again.

"I can't do that!" I yelled panicking "please, just give me a few minutes."

-------------

"This is insane." Luke said walking into the garage "even the cars are the same."

"They've been planning this for a lot longer than we expected." Alison replied.

"Well the good news is I bet I know right where they're keeping her." Luke said marching into the house.

-------------

The tank had about 12 more inches before it was full. I had been trying to kick the walls hoping they would break down. Realizing out I was wasting the breath I was going to need I gave up and just waited.

I took my last breath and the water climbed to the top leaving no air left. Just as I went under I imagined that I saw Luke burst through the door. I blamed it on my lack of oxygen and went back to counting down the seconds I had left.

--------------

"They're in here, I can hear them" Alison whispered.

Luke kicked the door open and the three detectives ran into the room with their guns drawn.

"Get Emma! We can handle them." Amy yelled to Luke.

Luke ran over to the tank of water and felt around frantically for a release. He pounded on the walls trying to get Emma's attention. When she finally opened her eyes she pointed to Ivy eyes wide with fear.

"Get her out." Luke yelled pushing Ivy against the wall.

Ivy threw something at Mark and he immediately threw it on the ground crushing it

----------

I looked at Luke panicking as he ran back over to me. I was beginning to feel lightheaded. Just as Luke stepped back and pointed his gun to the bottom of the tank I blacked out.

-----------

I fired multiple shots at the tanks wall before it finally shattered.

Water flooded the floor bringing Emma with it. She was unconscious and not breathing.
I immediately started CPR praying that she was going to be ok.

------------

I sat up coughing and gasping for air, black stars dancing in front of me.

"Emma? Emma? You're ok. I've got you." Luke said taking my shivering body into his arms.

I started crying relieved that it was finally over. And clung to Luke as tightly as I could. Someone came out of nowhere and wrapped a towel around me.

"Do you think you can walk?" Luke asked.

"I just need a minute."

"We'll get these two situated in the helicopter." A woman's voice said.

They left the room with Mark and Ivy handcuffed and guns ready if they decided to try anything.

"Was that Alison?" I asked thinking I recognized the voice.

"Yes, I brought Detective Fields and Rollins with me. Backup is on its way.. Do you know where Gabriel is?"

"He and Blake always left during the games. They'll be back Friday night. We have to stay here, they can't away again. I can't keep living always looking over my shoulder, If they think anything seems off they won't come back." I said tears forming in my eyes.

"We won't let them get away. Blake is working with Gabriel?" Luke asked shocked. "I'm surprised Gabriel teamed up with someone as dumb as him. Let's get you home. I'll let backup know to lay low and stay here until they show up."