Chapter 6

"Betty, how are you? Long time no see." Blake said as I felt a sharp edge press against my back.

"I'm just fine dear, and who is this? Girlfriend maybe?" Betty asked winking at me.

"This is Kenzie"

"Nice to meet you Kenzie." Betty said smiling at me "I hope James here is taking good care of you" she said.

Blake pressed the knife harder into my back warning me not to do anything stupid.

"It was good to meet you Betty, I hope you have a great rest of your day." I said giving her the best smile I could.

"You to dear, hope to see you more often." Betty said waving goodbye.

Blake pushed me forward again and we quickly walked into the house, through a long hallway and down a few sets of stairs.

Blake kicked a rug aside to reveal and trap door. He motioned for me to go in front of him. There were only about 10 stairs to the bottom.

It was a small room with a low ceiling, the floor was concrete, and there were two doors on the opposite side of the stairs. Gabriel was standing against a wall looking at his phone. I glanced around looking for Karlie.

"What did you do to her?!" I yelled running over to her.

"She's fine, just sleeping. I couldn't stand anymore of her crying" Gabriel said pushing himself away from the wall.

"Took you long enough." He said to Blake annoyed.

"I'm sorry, I told you she took longer to get the mail than expected." He shot back.

"Why are we here?" I asked angrily.

"You're kidding right?" Gabriel said stepping towards me. "I've never lost a girl before and I wasn't about to let you get away." He said backing me up against a wall. "I just had to find a way to get you back."

All of the sudden I was back in the dungeon, everything came flooding back all at once and I fell to the floor in panic.

Blake and Gabriel laughed, they climbed the stairs and shut the trap door leaving me there as I hyperventilated.

I pulled my knees to my chest and laid my head down taking deep breaths until I heard a little voice cry out for her mommy.

"Mommy? Daddy? Mommy..." Karlie said beginning to cry.

I lifted my head from my knees and took one last breath before getting her attention.

"Karlie?" I said as calmly as I could. "Are you ok sweetie? Are you hurt?"

"No." She cried "I'm scared."

"I know sweetie, I am too. Why don't you come sit by me and we can be scared together?" I suggested.

Karlie looked at me wearily but finally decided to trust me. She sat down next to me and I wrapped my arms around her.

"How do you know my name?" She asked innocently.

"I, I know your mother." I said unsure of what else to say. "I'm Emma."

"You do? Is she ok? Those guys that took me tied her and my daddy and my brother up."

"She's ok" I answered glad that I knew that this at least was true.

"Did the scary guys take you too?" She asked looking up at me with eyes that closely matched my own.

"Yes, They did"

"Why?"

"I don't know, but I'll find a way to get us out of here, I promise" I answered.

Karlie laid her head against me and quickly fell asleep. Soon after so did I.