Baby-bot

The door opened.
Ratchet turned from his conversation with Optimus to see who it was, and found himself smile slightly as Jazz walked in, accompanied by a youngling and holding a sparkling.
"Hey Ratchet, Optimus," he said as he came over to them. "Sorry if I'm interrupting anything." The youngling knocked on his leg and reached out for the Sparkling. Jazz handed it to him, and then turned back to Ratchet and Optimus.
"What's this?" Ratchet asked, looking over the kids. "They don't appear to be injured, why are they here?"
"The youngling," Jazz explained. "Said he was sent here by Shockwave to give you this sparkling."
"Me?" Ratchet blinked, surprised that Shockwave, or anyone else really, would want to hand over a sparkling to him of all Bots. "Why?"
"Because he's too weak," the youngling said in a strong, youthful voice as he held the Sparkling out to him. "He can't be a Decepticon."
"So you decided to bring him here?" Ratchet asked, tentatively taking the Sparkling and looking at him, curious.
"No, Shock did," the youngling corrected him. "But because Lord Megatron said he could never make it as a Con."
"But would he not have the chance of growing stronger in time?" Optimus asked, curiosity blending into his wise voice.
"Nope. Cuz his brother Wasp was more strong, so he gets to be a Con, and not him."
"He's a twin?" Ratchet was surprised. The chance of both twin-born sparklings surviving was so rare, Ratchet had never thought he would meet one.
"Yup," the youngling nodded proudly. "Shock said his name is Bumblebee."
"Bumblebee, huh? Guess that does fit quite nicely, doesn't it?" Jazz laughed. "Small as a bug and yellow with black, it's a wonder I didn't think of it first!"
"Uh-huh," Ratchet glanced over at Jazz, giving him a silencing look. He turned back to the youngling. "And your name?"
"Oh, I'm-" he started, then seemed to realize something and quickly changed directions. "-supposed to be back by now!" He blurted as he turned and ran from the room and back to the elevator. Ratchet sighed.
"Jazz, will you make sure he gets out alright?"
"No problem," he said as he hurried after him. The moment the door shut, Bumblebee seemed to sense that he was being left behind and cried out, trying to squirm out of Ratchet's arms.
"Don't worry, Bumblebee," he smiled, giving him a hug to calm him. "You're in good hands."