Chapter 1

*Ida's POV*

"So what's the next city you want me so smite?" Shay shouted, bursting through the door into Achilles' room, obviously seething with anger. I had never seen him like this before. I walked over to try to comfort him, but he gently pushed me to the side

"What happened in Haiti, happened in Portugal!" He hissed, charging up to Achilles. Hope stood in-between the two men, pushing Shay away from them. "A great earthquake, thousands dead thanks to your damned manuscript!" Shay walked back towards them again, Hope using all of her strength to push him back.

"This cannot be," Achilles looked at Shay, seeming unfazed at what had just happened

"Shay! A person cannot start an earthquake!" Hope watched Shay walk back up again, ready to fight if need be

"A person meddling with these precursor machines could," He edged closer again, pointing a finger, "You saw the box Hope, the Temple was filled to bursting with that kind of power," He walked forwards again, Hope stopping him.

"You made me slaughter innocents!" He shouted, running at Achilles again, but I jumped in front before he could get there.

"How dare you!" Hope shouted, looking straight at him

"You defend him? Achilles sent me in there like Mackandal sent his men to Haiti!" He shouted, trying to get through me, but I held strong, not letting him hurt our Mentor. The door opened with a creak, to reveal Liam, wondering what was going on.

"What the hell's going on? Stop this!" Liam shouted, pulling Shay's shoulder back to stop him from hurting anyone.

"The operation was delicate," Achilles started to explain, walking towards the two men.

"You are shifting the Earth itself!" Shay accused, still trying to budge past you, pointing a finger at the Mentor, "Who are you to decide what city falls next?"

Liam pushed me out of the way, taking my place as a barricade for Shay. Shay was rougher when Liam was stopping him, pushing and shoving, trying to make his way past. Even with all of that flailing, Liam managed to push him out of the door, preventing any harm happening to us.

"Get him out of here," Achilles said, standing behind Hope and watching Liam drag Shay away. Hope slammed the door, stopping any more contact. 

"He has a point," I said, trying to break the silence that haunted the rest of us in the room

"You defend him!" Hope looked over at me, raising her eyebrows

"Now now Hope, of course she'll defend him, she loves him," Achilles said, shaking his head and laughing

"It's not just that, he didn't know that would happen! You more than likely did!" I shot up out of the chair I sat in, slamming my hands down on the table.

"Give it 10 minutes, he'll be dead," Hope shook her head, rolling her eyes

"He will not-" 

"Ida. I will have no more of this," Achilles said, silencing me.

-

The Homestead was silent, apart from the gentle crashing of the water just below the cliff. Snow was falling at a faster pace, coating the ground with a fluffy white layer. I was sat outside, my back resting against the wall of the Manor, twirling a gun around my fingers. Shay was right, Achilles did make him slaughter innocents. Achilles obviously knew that would happen, but instead he let Shay deal with the consequences. In the far distance, there was a rather large branch of a tree, with what seemed like a figure on it. As it got closer, I instantly recognised who it was. Shay was walking towards me, hood concealing his face, robes swaying with his hips.

"Shay, you'll get killed," I hissed, shooting up from your spot on the floor to his side. He engulfed my body into his arms, not letting go for a while. He loosened his grip a little and looked down at me.

"It's worth it to undo the wrong I've done," His Irish accent weaved into his words.

"You haven't done anything wrong," I looked back up, meeting his eyes. Instead of the bright glimmer that was once there, it was now replaced with anger and revenge.

"I need to do this, I'm sorry Ida," He kissed my forehead, slowly untangling our bodies, and walked into the Manor.

A few minutes later, I could hear muffled shouting coming from the upstairs of the Manor. I looked up into the window, and saw who I could only assume was Achilles and Shay. The window  then smashed, glass shattering to the snowy ground. looked through the now carcass of the window to see what was going on, when Shay dived out of the window, landing in a pile of snow. He looked up, meeting my worried gaze.

"See it was fine, wasn't it love?" He stood up, brushing the snow from his robes

"Shay?" You whispered, trying to keep your voice low

"What is it?" He asked, lowering his voice with yours

"Go," You whispered again, not wanting to see your sweetheart get killed. He leant over towards you and planted a sweet kiss on your forehead, and ran in the opposite direction, stumbling over the odd tree branch and un-even ground. 

"Assassins! Stop him! Stop Shay!" Achilles shouted, looking out of the window. I ran to the thick bushes next to you, not wanting to be roped into killing the one I love. Mortars shot down from above, looking like fireworks in the sky. Gunshots and shouting were in the distance, instantly making me more worried about my beloved.

-

"SHAY!" I shouted, stumbling past Hope, Achilles, Liam and Vérendrye. Everyone from the homestead had cumulated to the cliff where Shay was stood. 

"I cannot- I will not let this happen again," Shay said, edging closer towards the edge of the cliff

"All those souls lost," He looked down towards the ground, "One more hardly matters,"

Vérendrye edged his gun up towards Shay's shoulder as he was walking away. I ran up to Vérendrye, trying to grab the gun from his grasp, but Hope pulled me back, not wanting to see me get hurt.

"I'm sorry," He looks back towards me, tears threatening to fall from the both of us. Vérendrye pulls the trigger, shooting him in the shoulder, and making him topple off of the cliff.

"What have you done?" You screamed, falling to your knees.

"It had to be done," Hope put her hand on your shoulder, trying to help you up

"He was only trying to save the innocent," You whispered, shaking your head.

(A/N)

omg I finally wrote the first chapter for the Shay one shot I originally wrote wooo

I'm not sure how long this fic will be, mostly because it's based off of my one shot, it may be a little shorter than normal fics

Ida's going to be the protagonist [if that's what you call main story characters wowww]

but yeah, thank you for all of the support over my other fics, i really do appreciate it! if you haven't read my one shot, make sure you do:))))