Chapter 6

*Ida's POV*

I woke up at just before dawn, the sun just beginning to rise. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up. I drove the heels of my hands into my eye sockets, desperately trying to wake myself up. I stepped over to mirror in the corner of the room and looked. I had changed significantly, even though it had only been a few weeks, maybe a month. My hair was now too long, down to the start of my ribs. I used to tie it up, but since I wasn't part of an Order yet, what was the point? My face certainly looks older and more tired, but then again, who could blame me? I felt like I had grown a small bit, but lost a lot of weight. I ran my fingers through my hair in an attempt to make it look tidier, and stepped over to the chair where my robes were draped over. I slid them on and stood looking at the mirror again. The clothes certainly hung off of my body more, I don't remember the sleeves being that loose. I walked over to the chest of drawers and slotted my sword in the holster, being careful not to damage anything. I took the guns from the side and placed them on my hip, being very cautious with the gun Shay left.

Opening the door and walking down the stairs, I was greeted by Haytham at the doorway.

"Are you ready?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow at me. I looked behind me, then back at him, "There will be time for breakfast later,"

"Shall we?" I ask, motioning him to the open door leading outside. We both stepped outside of the door stretching our backs and taking in the sights. The sun was barely in the sky, a subtle orange light tinting the cloudy sky. He directed my attention towards the docks with his hand, pointing to the ship.

"You are to kill them all," he sternly explained, the pair of us looking at the ship. We started walking towards the docks, walking in silence, seemingly afraid to speak as if it would break each other's concentration. My hand rested on the hilt of my sword, ready to draw it out. As we neared the ship, the nervousness in my stomach bubbled up, making me somewhat hesitate. I used to call these people brothers, and now I'm going to kill them without mercy? If this was the right thing to do to avenge Shay, then this must be done. We walked around small alleys and boroughs, going the long way to avoid detection. We scaled the red-brick building parallel to the docks to get the best starting position. He looked at me, then back at the ship.

"I'll be right here if things turn sour," He reassured me, his accent still as strong as the previous day. I looked at the ship and smirked, making up my mind on what to do.

I jumped off of the building landing in a conveniently placed haystack. I stepped out of the hay and started to walk over to the vessel, stray pieces of hay flying off my robes in my wake. I strutted forwards, not taking my eye off the prize. I stepped onto the ramp that connected the ship with the dock. I hid behind a store of cannons on the main deck, plotting out my next move. I peered over the top of the cannons and looked around. There were two assassins looking out to sea, one with their back towards me at the helm, and two at the stern arguing. I crouched as low as I could, sneaking my way up the steps to the helm. He wasn't facing me, so that was a bonus. I reached him and grabbed his feet, making the weight sweep off his feet. He was now lying on the wooden boards of the ship with one of my hands over his mouth to suppress any noise. I flicked my free hands' wrist, engaging the blade. I plunged it into his neck, killing him instantly. I pulled my hands from the corpse and disengaged the blade with a snick. Still remaining crouching, I lurked over to the two who were looking out to sea. Putting one foot slowly in front of the other, I reached the pair and engaged both blades and plunged them into the backs of their heads. Luckily, they didn't make too much noise and I remained undetected. I slithered away from the bodies towards the last arguing pair of Assassins. I wasted no time in dispatching the both of them, and slid away from them, unseen. 

Now running, I exited the ship and ascended the very same building Haytham and I were conversing on just a few minutes ago. I walked over and perched next to him, trying to read his thoughts. We were both sat like that for a few seconds, in deathly silence. It was only at that moment when he broke the quietness that fell on us.

"Very, very well done, Ida," He congratulated, looking down at me slightly to smile.

"Thank you, it felt good to kill those traitors," I confessed, looking at the derelict ship.

"You may join the Templars if you wish to do so," He asked, blue eyes trying to meet your gaze. You felt his stare and looked up at him, shocked at his proposal. 

"I could?" I checked to see if he really meant it. Joining the Templars would probably be the best option right now. I would have the protection and aid of those who agreed with me, rather than being alone with no protection or aid. 

"Of course, we would be honoured to have you join," He said, standing up, his gaze not back onto the ship

-

"Do you swear to uphold the principles of our order and all for that which we stand?" 

"I do,"

"And never share our secrets, nor divulge the true nature of our work?"

"I do,"

"And to do so now until death - whatever the cost?"

"I do,"

"Then we welcome you into our fold, sister. You are now a Templar, harbinger of a New World,"

"May the Father of Understanding guide us,"

-

(A/N)

AYOOOO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN AGES AH

SHAY MAY OR MAY NOT BE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER O SHIT

THIS MIGHT BE COMING TO AN END SOON TOO BTW, REMEMBER ITS ONLY BASED OF A ONE SHOT SO I CANT REALLY MAKE IT LONGER BUT HEY AT LEAST WE'VE ALL ENJOYED IT RIGHT????