15. Anger

It took a bit longer for steve and I to get out of the S.H.I.E.L.D. compound then either of us would like to admit.

We may or may not have gotten lost once or twice, both of us to involved in the story steve was telling me, Well not so much a story, but the events of the past few days, He also informed me that the news was calling it the 'battle of New York'. Eventually, we did find a way out... But only after I stopped and asked someone how to get out of this maze. The Agent, a tall guy who looked like they could just be a couple years older than me, explained to me in a very flirtatious way that this compound was purposely created this way to make is harder for the enemy to infiltrate it, but I think we both knew that after what happened over the last week, that if someone, or something, wanted to get into this place they could. after all, we did all just find out that aliens exist. 'So Uh, What are you doing in here?' He asked, I quickly turned to look at Steve, Making sure he didn't hear him, Steve is a little jealous sometimes, but since I woke up, he's been really overprotective, and I have no idea why. 

'I was in the infirmary, But my Boyfriend and I are finally leaving now.' I said, Putting an emphasis on the work Boyfriend. When he looked at steve, realization overcame the features on his face as he recognized who steve was. That one quickly shut the man up, all that left his mouth was a simple 'oh, Well have a good day' before he looked down at his file and made a lame excuse to leave. I chuckled to myself, walking towards steve. 'C'mon, this way.' I said, Dragging him in the direction I was told to follow. 
It took no time after that to find an exit, and it was even easier to find Steve's bike, after all it was the only motorcycle in the parking lot. 'A helmet for you.' He said, handing the bulking circle at me. 
'You have GOT to be kidding me.' 
'I'm not. we just survived an alien invasion, I'm not losing you because of this thing' He smiled at me, patting the bike handle. 'Please?' 
'Fine,' I pouted, Pushing the helmet over my head, I could feel my hair arguing with the decision, I lifted up the visor so I could look Steve in the eyes, 'But just so you know, if I have Ugly Helmet hair, It's your fault, and I Will be in the worst mood ever known to man.' 
'I'd rather that, than chance you dying.' He smiled. getting on the bike. I quickly followed suit, wrapping my hands around his waist, he started the motor but before we could take off, I quickly Thought of something. 
'Hey, wait, Why aren't you wearing a helmet?' I questioned.
'Because one: I'm driving, I'm Making the rules, and Two: I survived being in the ice for 70 years, I'll be damned if a motorbike kills me.' And with that we left. 

I waited 'till Steve stopped at the end of the road to let go of him and but the visor down, I wanted to look around while going to see everyone, But then again, if we were going to be doing a road trip, I'd be seeing this a lot. After a while we got to where everyone else were standing. They all looked up t us as we got off the bike. I looked around to se my father slowly moving towards us.
'Hey, Kiddo' He smiled cautiously, unsure of what I mite do. and he was right to do that, because my anger started to bubble up again. Steve realized how tense I was, and quickly grabbed my hand, trying to help calm me down, and I helped. But only a little.
'I'm angry at you, you do know that, don't you?' I said, Standing in a more defencive position. ' But from what Steve told me,  he already did what I wanted to do to you. Next time, don't. I'm an adult now, I make my own choices. Understood?'
He looked at me, shock in his eyes. 'Yeah, I'm sorry kiddo, I know it wasn't right.'
Before I could say anything,  Thor started to speak, thanking us for allowing him to bring his brother home safely, alive. Before I knew it, we were all saying our goodbye's to him. I completely ignored loki, other than to make sure he didn't make a run for it, but I think he's smarter than that. When Thor finally left, We all said our goodbye's to each other. I was careful to avoid my father until I had no choice but to speak to him. 'So, where are you two love birds headed?' Nat questioned, a smile smile on her face. I smiled at steve, and caught a glimpse of my father a few feet away, his posture proving he was listening to every word that was said to one another. 
'We don't really know,' Steve answered, 'Were just wanna get out of the city for a while, see where the wind takes us.'
'Oh god that's so corny'  I laughed, putting my hand to my face.
'Well, It's true! we don't have any specific destination, do we?'
"Nope,' I smiled, 'I'm just following you.' 
'Cute' Nat said, a hint of sarcasm in her voice. 'I'll see you when I see you, then.' She smiled before walking away, She quickly turned around, 'Oh and don't get yourselves into too much trouble.'

'I'm gonna start the bike, you ready?' He smiled.
'Yeah, I'll be right there.' I smiled, kissing his cheek. I let go of steve's hand, and swiftly walked towards my father and Bruce. ' Well, Dad, I'll see you soon, not really sure when, But I will.' 
'I don't think you should go.' He said. my smile dropped.
'I'm Sorry, What did you say?' I said, my anger returned, full throughtel. 
'After everything that's happened , I think you should stay here. 
'Are you kidding me?' I questioned, But didn't give him a chance to respond. 'I barely saw you from the time I was eleven, Until my university grad, That's ten years. for ten years of my life, you weren't there. Not until it was easy and convenient to you.' I quickly realized that this wasn't anger from the past week, but an entire life of anger. Growing up, when I could see him I'd be with pepper more. When I turned 18, I tried to get into more contact with him, like yeah it was for my safety and all, but I still needed my dad, instead of stopping all this Iron Man crap, he kept going and completely left me in the dark, alone. ' You know what? I've had enough, I'm happy you're alive, dad, But I can't just wait around for summer like I did as a kid, When clearly all you want is a never ending winter. I've survived most of my life without you in it. I'm sure I'll be fine without you here on out.' and with that, I turned on my heels and walked over to steve. 'Can we go now?' I asked, the anger starting to fade from my voice, and the sadness taking over. 
'Yeah, sure, You okay?' he asked, straddling the bike. 
'I don't want to talk about it.' I whispered, quickly getting onto the bike behind him.
'Alright. Where to?' 
'Anywhere but here.' 

A/N sorry it's a week late, I thought I had to write this chapter( as in I didn't know I had already made it.) But It's here now.!