Dinner With Dad (Chapter 6)

A/U hey guys so Im done with my friend, she went home, i had lots of fun! thanks for understanding about all this.. lack of updating, i am hoping to get back on track with it being every week. if you have any questions, let let me know. I am also taking one shot requests i’ll  be doing one a week. (probably a friday) my update days for this fic will be wednesdays, youre not alone youre with me ~ a Michael Clifford fic will be mondays. i hope you like it!

~~~

It had been a couple weeks since I had brought Steve to get music onto the IPod. and as far as I know he likes it. every day I am with him my stomach fills up with butterflies and I can’t help but smile, he is so kind and generous. Since I had been with  Steve so much i haven’t had time to spend my i monday nights with my dad, so I decided that would call him up, and we could do what we normally do.  I quickly called him on my phone. since his number is number one in speed dial. ‘Hey kiddo, Whats up?’ I heard the familiar voice thru the speaker.

‘Hey daddy, nothing really, I just wanted to know if you were free tonight, I have the night free and I missed you so.’ I smiled at the thought of seeing my dad. after ten years of not being able to talk to him or see him, I can’t imagine that happening now. I genuinely need him in my life now. ‘Sure kid. how about.. 6? you can come over then, do you want me to get the food, or should I?’

‘I can get it. what do you want?’ I smiled. I knew if he got it, it would be the same thing as last time, subs… i mean don’t get me wrong, I love them, but it’s just not what I want to eat every time im with my dad. ‘how about chinese?’ he asked. ‘I can do that. I’ll be at your house around 6’ I smiled.

‘Alright kid,see you then’

‘Bye daddy, love you’

‘Love you too’

After hanging up my phone I got a call from Steve, I hit accept as I started to walk to the chinese food place, i was gonna order the food for 5:30 and drive to my dads after I got it. I could get couple things done before I go to his house. ‘Yes hello Mr. Rogers, how can I help you on this fine day?’

‘How did you know it was me?’ he asked, I could hear the confusion in his voice.

‘Simple thing we have now a days, its called caller ID. It shows us who is calling, so we can answer if we want or not.’ smiling I replied,  he is so cute.

‘Oh.. I see, anyways I was wondering if you could explain what Netflix is.. I heard of it, and I would like to know.’ He asked, I could hear the blush.

‘Simple its a website you can use to watch almost anything you want on it, whenever you want, it really is great.’ I explained. ‘ I can let you use my account if you want.’

‘Really? how?’

‘I give you my password and username, and you can use it. I can  have 2 people on it at once so it should be fine.”

‘Oh alright. Thanks.’ I gave him my account info, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to do anything with it, since he can barely use a computer let alone hack it, and besides, that thats my job. When I hung up, I walked into the restaurant and ordered the food for my father and I. and said the time that I would like it done by. I walked out of the place, and started to walk around town. just looking through everything. I went to the store and bought food for myself for the next week, and went back to the restaurant for there food. after paying, I went home and put the food away and grabbed my keys and got into the car my dad designed for me when I told him I was coming. after driving to his house I got out of the car, and walked into the house, and put the food down, and grabbed a few plates. while walking around, dad had said that Pepper was going to be around so I figured that she was eating with us. ‘Dad! I’m here!’ I yelled, hoping he would hear. ‘Be right there,’ he replied, I heard his feet hitting the stairs are he came up from his lab, and soon enough, he had taken me into a hug, and kissed the top of my head, ‘I missed you, kid’

‘I missed you too dad.’ I smiled, ‘Where’s Pepper?’ I asked.

‘Right here’ She smiled from behind me, ‘how have you been?’

‘Good work is keeping me busy, but I’m having fun so.’

‘Fun? At work? What are you doing to make it fun?’  

‘I can’t really say. I have a really important job at moment, and no one can know, if people find out, I could get into some real trouble, and it could cause a lot of danger for not only S.H.I.E.L.D. but the U.S.A. and the world.’

‘Oh.. uhm.. alright, just don’t get hurt.’ She smiled.

‘If it all goes right, then I won’t aha ’ after that, we changed the subject, talking about everything and nothing, we kept talking to late at night, and eventually Pepper left.

‘So kiddo, I was wondering, why did you ask me about Captain America a while back?’

‘Oh uhm its nothing really its just that, my job, you see, is i need to help him, because he is back now, and i need to help him figure out our world now, so thats why i havent been around as of late and he is really cool and i think you would too i mean grandpa liked him you said so yourself.’