Introductions (Chapter 2)

Steve P.O.V

Waking up I heard the sound of the baseball game on the radio, and a head full of pain, sitting up I looked around to a room that looks a lot like a hospital room. Flashbacks of the ice, water and everything that happened to me hit me like a ton of bricks, suddenly a woman walked in, “Hello Captain Rogers, you’ve been out for.. a while, how are you feeling?”

Standing up I replied “Fine, fine where am I?”  Finally recognizing the baseball game as one I went to with my friend Bucky.

“When you landed, you were closer to New York, so they sent you to this hospital, maybe you should sit down?”

“No, where am I really?”

“I don’t understand, I just told you,-”

“No you are not, hear that game” I pointed to the radio “I was there thats from 194. Where. Am. I.”

“Captain please remain calm, I promise you this will make sense, just give us-” I heard enough. Throwing myself at the window, expecting to fall several feet, I went straight through, and saw it was all a scene. I continued to run out the building, than out the door, running into the middle of the street, several black cars drove around me. “At ease Captain,” someone said, “It looks like you’ve been asleep” A man in a dark, well, everything, said.

“For how long?” I questioned, ignoring all the strange looks from everyone on the street. finally looking around i saw that everything was different.

“Seventy years” He answered .

“I missed my date”

~~~

Maria P.O.V.

Walking towards my area, a small desk near where they were holding Captain America, an Agent Peter walked up to me, “Hello Agent Stark, I thought I would find you here,” He smiled.

“yes, Well, this is my desk,” I Said pointing to it, sarcasm in my voice.

“Yesterday, When you left, we decided not to tell you give you a few hours off, since you will be working quite a lot from now on.”

‘Please, Agent, just tell me, I am getting a headache” I pleaded.

“Captain America is Awake”

“Oh Shit, Thank you” I said as I trotted away.

~~~

Walking into the Recovery room, after sliding my card on the thing, since I’m a level eight since I have my first mission, that sounds mean, walking towards Captain Rogers, I put on my smile, “Hello Captain, My name is Maria Stark, how are you?”

I’m fine, aside from being 70 years into the future and everyone I know being dead, yeah I’m fine.”

“well thats good.”

“You said you were a Stark? Are you Howard's daughter?”

“Granddaughter, actually” pointing to the seat beside him, “Do you mind?”

“Not at all”

“Look I feel like you being here with S.H.I.E.L.D. you already have enough lies, the reason I am  here is it is my job, I have been assigned to rehabilitate you into the world. They chose me due to me being a stark, they believed that it would be best for you to be around someone who is related to someone you used to know, and I am the only one capable to be a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. On the other hand, I am excited to be working with you.” Pausing for breath I looked at him, “ When you, and the doctors decide, I will be taking you out into New York, and showing you around”

“Well thank you for telling me that,” He smiled, “But they already informed me of why you are here, and I am ready to explore, I saw some of it when I tried to make a break for it.”

“Oh My GOD You tried to run?” he smiled at me. “ How far did you get?”

“I was in this area with all the lights, and screens”

“-Time Square.”

“Sure,  and Director Furry showed up so thats all I saw”

“Wow, Sorry by the way, Captain, I was the one supposed to tell you, but I guess not.”

“Just call me Steve”